• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone got there 2018 yet?

Woodys of Topsham, Maine has 2018's in!

My pic is too large to upload. They are out of crates in plastic.

Woodys of Topsham, Maine has 2018's in!

My pic is too large to upload. They are out of crates in plastic.

Need to see these pictures. Still waiting on my BTX LE 50th

Need to see these pictures. Still waiting on my BTX LE 50th

gULgrG

https://ibb.co/gULgrG
I am waiting for a BTX also.

Last edited:
I'm curious if the BTX will get the same rails as the MTX (Float Action). I'm after seeing the SE with float action, however Yamaha website is showing slide action.
Btx will not be slide action it is the float action if someone gets an LE in stock post pics I wanna see what shocks it comes with and if it will have the heavier 2017 rails or the new lighter mtx rails?

Btx will not be slide action it is the float action if someone gets an LE in stock post pics I wanna see what shocks it comes with and if it will have the heavier 2017 rails or the new lighter mtx rails?

But isn't the float action the "new mtx rails" I think the 2018 mtx rails look a lot better then 2017 mtx

But isn't the float action the "new mtx rails" I think the 2018 mtx rails look a lot better then 2017 mtx
It looks like the mtx will get the new rails and btx the old rails I don’t think it’s about looks for yamaha the btx is intended to be pounded through moguls to the off trail and jumped more than the mtx I think the 2017 rails are much stronger and they wanted to keep those on the btx models I could be wrong that’s y I want pics of a btx LE if someone has one, yamaha has done the bait and switch many times so you never know what comes with what anymore!

It looks like the mtx will get the new rails and btx the old rails I don’t think it’s about looks for yamaha the btx is intended to be pounded through moguls to the off trail and jumped more than the mtx I think the 2017 rails are much stronger and they wanted to keep those on the btx models I could be wrong that’s y I want pics of a btx LE if someone has one, yamaha has done the bait and switch many times so you never know what comes with what anymore!

The attached picture is from hay day's. Mr Sled posted it. I ask him if the sled was a BTX and he confirmed it was.

Attachments

• IMG_3333.JPG
    IMG_3333.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 167

Here another picture of a 2018

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    717.8 KB · Views: 170
Keep us posted on the mtx steering and how you made it work, they must have a reason for not offering it.

MTX steering setup was pretty simple install. With the new intake, the front support members do contact the hood causing it to not go all the way down. However, once the side panels are installed, the hood fits into place perfectly. The gas tank cover does need to be drilled and cut like the Viper MTX's were. To do this, find the middle on the front (the narrowest part measures 5 inches, mark it at 2.5") then measure 3 inches towards the gas tank neck hole. I did all my marking and measuring on the back side. Once you mark this point, use a 1 1/4" hole saw bit for the rear center support bar. I deburred with a razor blade and cleaned up nicely. As for cutting the line up, a jig saw works flawlessly, and the plastic is soft enough to cut like butter.

The support members that need to be ordered are the following part numbers:
8KR-F1947-00-00 BRACKET, STEERING 1
8KR-F1957-00-00 BRACKET, STEERING 2
8KG-F3813-00-00 COLUMN, STEERING 2
8JP-RA1B4-10-00 BOLT, FLANGE (qty 2)
8JP-RA379-00-00 NUT, LOCK 1 (qty 2, but will be shipped in pack of 5)

The holes on the bracket are smaller than the factory bolts and will need to be drilled out to a bigger size. Use a 13/32" drill. Both bolts on the bottom of the steering post will use a 17mm socket. The clamps on the plenum will need to be loosened and pulled off to allow room for the post to get pulled out.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 149

Back