• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone got there 2018 yet?

It’s still up in the air about what qs3 shocks the LE will get the coilovers or float qs3s

MTX steering setup was pretty simple install. With the new intake, the front support members do contact the hood causing it to not go all the way down. However, once the side panels are installed, the hood fits into place perfectly. The gas tank cover does need to be drilled and cut like the Viper MTX's were. To do this, find the middle on the front (the narrowest part measures 5 inches, mark it at 2.5") then measure 3 inches towards the gas tank neck hole. I did all my marking and measuring on the back side. Once you mark this point, use a 1 1/4" hole saw bit for the rear center support bar. I deburred with a razor blade and cleaned up nicely. As for cutting the line up, a jig saw works flawlessly, and the plastic is soft enough to cut like butter.

The support members that need to be ordered are the following part numbers:
8KR-F1947-00-00 BRACKET, STEERING 1
8KR-F1957-00-00 BRACKET, STEERING 2
8KG-F3813-00-00 COLUMN, STEERING 2
8JP-RA1B4-10-00 BOLT, FLANGE (qty 2)
8JP-RA379-00-00 NUT, LOCK 1 (qty 2, but will be shipped in pack of 5)

The holes on the bracket are smaller than the factory bolts and will need to be drilled out to a bigger size. Use a 13/32" drill. Both bolts on the bottom of the steering post will use a 17mm socket. The clamps on the plenum will need to be loosened and pulled off to allow room for the post to get pulled out.

I have one of these off my 2015 viper mtx if anyone is looking.

MTX steering setup was pretty simple install. With the new intake, the front support members do contact the hood causing it to not go all the way down. However, once the side panels are installed, the hood fits into place perfectly. The gas tank cover does need to be drilled and cut like the Viper MTX's were. To do this, find the middle on the front (the narrowest part measures 5 inches, mark it at 2.5") then measure 3 inches towards the gas tank neck hole. I did all my marking and measuring on the back side. Once you mark this point, use a 1 1/4" hole saw bit for the rear center support bar. I deburred with a razor blade and cleaned up nicely. As for cutting the line up, a jig saw works flawlessly, and the plastic is soft enough to cut like butter.

The support members that need to be ordered are the following part numbers:
8KR-F1947-00-00 BRACKET, STEERING 1
8KR-F1957-00-00 BRACKET, STEERING 2
8KG-F3813-00-00 COLUMN, STEERING 2
8JP-RA1B4-10-00 BOLT, FLANGE (qty 2)
8JP-RA379-00-00 NUT, LOCK 1 (qty 2, but will be shipped in pack of 5)

The holes on the bracket are smaller than the factory bolts and will need to be drilled out to a bigger size. Use a 13/32" drill. Both bolts on the bottom of the steering post will use a 17mm socket. The clamps on the plenum will need to be loosened and pulled off to allow room for the post to get pulled out.
So are you saying that this will only work if you go to an aftermarket intake?

As of today no mtx le at my dealer in Midwest Minnesota... :(

W
I think he means the new for '18 stock intake.
Wasn't aware they changed the intake on the winder from 17 to 18, prolly cause I don't have one yet:oops:

W

Wasn't aware they changed the intake on the winder from 17 to 18, prolly cause I don't have one yet:oops:

I think on page 3 I posted pictures of the new intake location. It could be trimmed and made work, but the way the hood is held on by the side panels, there's no point in changing anything when fitment is just fine. I have seen 2017's with the MTX steering, and they fit just fine.

The AC XF 9000 HC gets the coilovers so I expect the BTX LE will get the same
Yes you are correct just got confirmation that they are coilovers I hope they are better than my fox float evol in my 17 BTX LE because I wasn’t impressed, with the rear suspension last winter can’t wait to get it out on the snow.

There are 2 btx le's here as of now, I've checked for dieselxtx's cousin a couple things on them as regards to what rails, shocks etc. They are still in crate right now but I've been over peeking in through the holes haha

There are 2 btx le's here as of now, I've checked for dieselxtx's cousin a couple things on them as regards to what rails, shocks etc. They are still in crate right now but I've been over peeking in through the holes haha

Were you able to see the rails or anything else?

Back