• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone notice the black-n-blue machines on the Yamaha FB pg?

With the exception of Davidson that was really hard to watch yesterday. Pro open was only a three lapper, but at least his sled is somewhat competitive. I can't believe they are that far off...

cannondale27 said:
What is going on? We should have enough power.

Davisdon has been right up there every time, We don't have the manpower Cat has out there its exemplified when one of Yamaha'a riders go down or has soem bad luck.

Brian Dick went out in Pine Lake however there are 4 other cat riders to hide that....

Have faith we will be fine just working bugs out

I do. No doubt is a huge undertaking. Hasnt any of the Cat Teams helped you guys out or is there some hostility there? Normally racers help each other out when asked even if competition. At least some help.

Yamaha has pretty much screwed themselves into the ground as far as serious cross country racing goes. The debacle of the old Nytro in 08, course cutting in the I-500, by both of the Yamaha riders. Repeatedly bailing on the race program. Bringing stupidly non rules compliant sled to races, and putting everyone in the governing bodies in a bad position. The silly amount of internet self promotion also goes over really well in the XC community, especially when the results are damn near non existant. Check the results and the lap times, with the exception of Davidson who will soon be done and off to the soo, this is about as bad is it can get. The super stock class was won by a Yamaha powered Arctic Cat, 11 MINUTES in front of the LAST place Yamaha. Of the 47 sleds that finished in that race, the Yamaha Viper was 46th. Most of the sleds were 85hp AC with little kids on them, and a large number of 10+ year old 2 strokes. Brett Lessman on his old 2 stroke Yami iron kicks #*$&@, why doesn't he get get a sled? In the pro final there were 6 Polaris, 5 AC, and 4 Yami, because Davidson didn't want anything to do with it. That is NOT out manned.

2lapsdown said:
Yamaha has pretty much screwed themselves into the ground as far as serious cross country racing goes. The debacle of the old Nytro in 08, course cutting in the I-500, by both of the Yamaha riders. Repeatedly bailing on the race program. Bringing stupidly non rules compliant sled to races, and putting everyone in the governing bodies in a bad position. The silly amount of internet self promotion also goes over really well in the XC community, especially when the results are damn near non existant. Check the results and the lap times, with the exception of Davidson who will soon be done and off to the soo, this is about as bad is it can get. The super stock class was won by a Yamaha powered Arctic Cat, 11 MINUTES in front of the LAST place Yamaha. Of the 47 sleds that finished in that race, the Yamaha Viper was 46th. Most of the sleds were 85hp AC with little kids on them, and a large number of 10+ year old 2 strokes. Brett Lessman on his old 2 stroke Yami iron kicks #*$&@, why doesn't he get get a sled? In the pro final there were 6 Polaris, 5 AC, and 4 Yami, because Davidson didn't want anything to do with it. That is NOT out manned.

someone seems a bit bitter.

dfroster said:
Looks like they all have Tuner skis too. Interesting.

Look like C&A' to me. I think the black and blue looks pretty tough!

DigitalFusion said:
2lapsdown said:

someone seems a bit bitter.
Not really...just dealing in reality.

Well I hope they see the light. I dont really care much about SX or Hill Climb but the XC matters or should to every trail rider out there.

Back