• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone regret adding the 1.75 backcountry track for trail riding?

BC 1.75 was the best upgrade I have made to my xtx. The difference in deep snow is amazing. You can run into slider wear issues in the spring when trails are super hard and crusty because of the lug height. I had great luck last season using the new dupont slides from yamaha.
Also consider installing extrovert drivers and a 20 tooth top gear to get the best results.

I have over 3500 miles on mine with only a small rip in one of the lugs. Take care of the track and it will last a long time. By that i mean avoid spinning the track on hard surfaces.

I really don't think you can go wrong with the cobra 1.6 or the crossover either if you plan on spendig a bit more time on the trail than off.

Best of luck on whatever choice you make

BC 1.75 was the best upgrade I have made to my xtx. The difference in deep snow is amazing. You can run into slider wear issues in the spring when trails are super hard and crusty because of the lug height. I had great luck last season using the new dupont slides from yamaha.
Also consider installing extrovert drivers and a 20 tooth top gear to get the best results.

I have over 3500 miles on mine with only a small rip in one of the lugs. Take care of the track and it will last a long time. By that i mean avoid spinning the track on hard surfaces.

I really don't think you can go wrong with the cobra 1.6 or the crossover either if you plan on spendig a bit more time on the trail than off.

Best of luck on whatever choice you make
Gonna be the BC. Just need to save some scratch! Thanks for all the helpful input

ITs worth every penny! I couldn't believe the difference on my first ride. The ripsaw should never have been put on the nytro.

If you get the BC and thinking its to tall of lug you can always trim a bit off. Had great luck with a 1.5 lug on my shorty last year, hooked up better then my studded 1.25

Up here in Canada's Yukon we use the 1.75 on the XTX as we have mountains and soft, cold snow. We do have trails but off-trail wilderness is vast and tempting so the 1.75 is a must. More often, when one gets stuck, one is sorry that one does not have a mountain sled or track :)

would it be beneficial to add maybe sawtooth pattern to the ends of each lug. i rarely go off trail but the ripsaw and all this torque is pointless. ive seen guys who took HD razor blades. bent them in a v shape. welded to a pliers and cut teeth on all the lugs for better dig into hard pack.

I just ordered mine from Snow City in MI. It was $600 shipped to WI http://snowcitymi.com/shop/15-x-144-tracks/back-country-15-x-144-x-1-75-sp-9143c/

I'm planning on changing to the 20T drive gear on top (8FA-17682--00-00).

Do you guys recommend doing anything else for the switch on my XTX?

When you pull out the chain case, is it worth replacing the seal? How about bearings? I remember reading that typically only one of the bearings goes bad. The drive (chain case side)?

Changing bearings is a good idea if you have it all apart. I Change mine every 4 - 5000 miles.
If you have a lot less miles than that i would just pull the seals off carefully and press some fresh grease into them. Its a pain changing some of the bearings because you need access to a press for some of them. I did this last year when I switched to extrovert drivers.

Ps even when i changed my bearings they were all like brand new still. The one behind the secondary clutch should be greased every season if possible in my opinion.

I just ordered mine from Snow City in MI. It was $600 shipped to WI http://snowcitymi.com/shop/15-x-144-tracks/back-country-15-x-144-x-1-75-sp-9143c/

I'm planning on changing to the 20T drive gear on top (8FA-17682--00-00).

Do you guys recommend doing anything else for the switch on my XTX?

When you pull out the chain case, is it worth replacing the seal? How about bearings? I remember reading that typically only one of the bearings goes bad. The drive (chain case side)?

I've seen their prices, they seem to be the best available, by quite a lot! I'm hoping to find one at the Novi show this weekend for a similar price. I didn't see snow city on the vendor list... I'd rather pay with cash. Won't scare the wife so much, lol. What kind of chain case lube is everyone using? Yamilube?

I changed the speedo end bearing. It was a little loose (not bad but I was there). The chain case side was tight. no issues.

I put on extrovert drivers. I don't know if you need to, but a lot did, so I did. I want to be able to run my track loose and make the sliders last.

I put on the DuPont sliders.

The guys at Schmidt Bros suggested I go with 19 teeth instead of 20 so that's what I did.

anyone opinion on doing this to a camplast challenger? i know the lugs get flimsy and rip out near the edge and tip. taking it down to about 1.6" instead of 2-2.5 should make them stronger and same difference as the BC track. was considering doing the notching as well to either track to help. I dont run studs and have found in the past tracks with teeth stock and grip much harder in hard back than just a paddle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeCpl8Dh7FI

I changed the speedo end bearing. It was a little loose (not bad but I was there). The chain case side was tight. no issues.

I put on extrovert drivers. I don't know if you need to, but a lot did, so I did. I want to be able to run my track loose and make the sliders last.

I put on the DuPont sliders.

The guys at Schmidt Bros suggested I go with 19 teeth instead of 20 so that's what I did.
Just wondering what u get for top end with 19 tooth and comfort kit with the backcountry track? I'm running 20 tooth on mine.

Last edited:
Alright, I ordered the speedo end bearing and the sprocket. Hopefully I get it done this weekend!

Do I need to remove the tunnel protectors or anything for the track to fit?

Back