• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone regret adding the 1.75 backcountry track for trail riding?

No more debate, I picked up my back country track at Novi yesterday. It was a good show, fun spending it with my 10 year old. Tore into the chain case when I got home. The tech how to from Ulmer in FAQ was very helpful and will be as I continue with reassembly. I took the skid out today along with the drivers and put it back in with my new track. So far so good. I need to find a 20 tooth top gear before continuing. Also need the service bulletin update for the star suspension kit while the skid is out. Thank you for all the input, you all helped me feel better about the decision!

are the guys using the BC track for 99% trail riding changing gearing? any improvment downgearing? I know this engine has all the torque to pull the track so wondering if gearing to 20t top is worth it. Any reduced mpgs? i ride 99% trail

You would probably be alright with changing to 20 tooth sprocket but it won't hurt. The nytro 1.75 comes with 20 tooth gearing as well.

I thought about leaving the stock gearing but you got it apart anyway. I never noticed any difference with mpg on mine. I also do alot of trail riding and I love the track.

Don't want to hijack this thread but anyone have an opinion on cutting down and notching a 2" to a 1.60-1.75 lug. I've seen the vids. I'm more curious of rigidity and or tearing off lugs. I was told they're a much softer compound.

i have thought the same thing. i woudl think the track would be much tougher than its 2.0" state. thicker lugs tend to take a beating better. i posted somewere in the last page or so a video of notching the track which is prob what i will do if i can find a 2" to cut down or notch a BC.

I have found a few brand new 2.00" and 2.5"take offs here in central Alberta. $400.00 doesn't sound too bad after shopping and looking at prices ranging from $828.00 - $1095.00 for a new BC.

Looking for some info on the back country vs the back country x, anyone know the difference? I know the "x" is 2ply, does one wear better than the other?

I think the backcountry is 2.52 pitch and the backcountry x is 2.86 pitch

I've got the regular Backcountry, still lools really good after 6,000 hard miles!

Yes,
1.75" fantastic for off trail or if you just want to hook up on the trail. Caused huge understeer on my XTX. Have since went to 1.5" with much better results on trail

Had a 1.75 with a 19 tooth small gear and was great on trails, however track has 6500+KMs on it and was breaking down. Didn't run DuPonts and was replacing sliders yearly.

Just installed a 2" Challenger for mountain riding, with Duponts and let's see what happens.

I replaced my ripsaw2 with the Backcountryx2 at 200 miles. Now at 700 miles I have no regrets. The sled hooks up and takes off great in good snow conditions. I also don't run studs so I have ski mounted scratchers and have no over heating issue at all.

I run DuPont slides, a wheel kit, and I make sure to have snow on my slides! The setup has been treating me well for several seasons!

Back