• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone try EarthX lithium battery in viper?

I had some issues starting my sled last winter. Was wondering about these batteries but its very expensive. mixed reviews..

Does anybody else have any Earthx experiences to share? How about guys who have used them a long time now? My AGM battery leaked last year, so was annoyed at that. But I am in Manitoba, so the Earthx would need to work on those cold mornings.
Looking at ETZ14C...seems to be designed for sleds with more cold cranking amps, but less overall capacity. Thoughts?

Really wish someone would have by now, developed an aftermarket battery relocation kit, move the battery closer to the starter and eliminate the long cables.

[/QUOTE]="HURRICANE, post: 1447585, member: 7851"]We tend to sell the etx36 for sleds to have enough cold start[/QUOTE]

I emailed with Kathy, one of the top folks at EarthX, and she recommend the ETZ14C. I told her I have a 2016 Viper and was specifically concerned about the sled starting on those -30C mornings.
So just wanted to pass this on. For the coldest snowmobile mornings they recommended the ETZ14C, which is good news since it is the less expensive option.

Does anybody have any charger recommendations for these lithium batteries? You cannot use the Optimate 4 on them.

Figured I would give an update on my Earthx battery (ETZ14C).

Started my Viper at exactly -30 C last week, and was very impressed with this battery. My Viper with 2016 flash took quite a bit of cranking at that temp, but the Earthx worked exactly like they said it would, and got the sled started. The battery is very new, but works great in tough conditions so far. Very happy, hope it lasts.

Back