• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex/Attak Hood Wrap

steveg_nh

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak
Real simple upgrade, but I think it came out good.

When I bought my sled, I was void of all decals. Previous owner took them all off. Normally I don't mind some being removed, but it was looking pretty bland. And there were a couple of spots where the finish was dull. Maybe something spilled on it.

Anyway, I looked all over and narrowed in on a few vendors of hood wraps only (didn't want to wrap the whole sled), and decided on AMR Racing. I have the carbon fiber airbox cover (cosmetic add on), so thought their Carbon X wrap would compliment it nicely.

I will say, their decals are crazy thick. 25 mil. Makes them a little difficult to install, but with a bit of water and hair dryer, they came out great. Some air bubbles, but leaving the hood out int he hot sun the last few days has removed almost all of them.

Also, their customer services has been great. I called with a couple of questions, and they answer the phone and were very helpful. I'm happy with the results.

sled bare.jpg sledwrapped_small.jpg sledcompare.jpeg

looks good. it would hide the wound on mine for sure.

Their decals are really high end. I was shocked at how thick and pliable they are. They will last.

They are orange. Some of the pics make them look yellow. I actually don't mind them. Gives the sled a unique look.

Does anyone make wraps for the Apex tank?

I believe so. I looked on eBay and found companies that had complete wrap kits, but I didn't want to wrap the whole thing.

Ok thanks. I'll dig around.
Finding good deals on Apex X-TXs that have the hideous matte gray tanks.

Back