• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst

tkuss said:
After two years with the catalyst in my fuel tank. I can say that the sled will start right up and run like it has good gas in it no matter how long it has been sitting for. I start my sled once a month or so in summer and don't add fresh gas at all, although I do still add seafoam to the tank at the end of my riding year.

Overall I do think these fitch fuel catalyst do an excellent job preserving the fuel. They do not, or at least mine does not, increase fuel mileage.
Couldn't be the seafoam? If it is soo good, why still put the seafoam in?

I am not trying prove that the fuel catalyst work to myself or anybody. I just am hoping it is performing as advertised. But in the meantime I will add the seafoam because it is a smart and cheap thing to do.

I run them in my street bike, RX,and Apex.. No rough starts with the RX, consistent 16-18 mpg and no issues with stale gas. Apex has not had it long enough to say much. Put one on my 1/2 ton chevy and gained a solid mile per gallon. To me a mpg is nice to see and I believe in them. Just my opinion.

I use it and happy with keeping my fuel IMHO fresh. For those of you against it.... who holding the gun to your head and saying you have to buy it? lol Just go buy a pipe or cams and make the big power.

Didn't you see the Mythbusters episode when they tested this product.....It failed miserably and did nothing....You might as well drop some rocks in your tank..

since 03 with my rx1 i would remove the carbs in the fall and clean the pilots and the rest. sled would get parked in spring covered in mud and not get looked at till the next season.pilots were usually plugged or partially plugged. two years ago i dropped the fitch thing in the tank. last fall i removed the carbs as usual only to find them clean. back on they went and drove another season. this fall i again pulled the carbs and again found everything clean. keep in mind our gas is 10% ethanol and all the horror storys about phase separation and low octane. i dont sell these or anything else but they seem to have taken care of the fuel in the off season. dont know if they helped in the performance dept. but they dident hurt it either. when i sell my sled ill be fishing them out of the tank for the next sled.

I can't believe I just read this complete thread. (ya I am bored! I just kept on wishing it would snow so I could head to Lewis Hills and stop reading! :D

Let it roll on forever, this is what this site is all about, sharing information, debating, testing and all is going.

Bump :Rockon:

I just had to bump it. I read through the entire thing!

I have seen these in the past, but have never tried them. I probably should, but it's $50 for the pair.

Back