• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX bogging and missfiring on idle

JDMCRX

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Website
www.jbauto.ca
Hey guys been a while since I’ve posted !

Helping a buddy out 2007 apex , we did a full maintance on the sled and put in same
Heat range ngk iridums and now the sled is idleing rough and has a bog !

When you go to accelerate the sled bogs for a second then revs out . I’ve pulled the plugs out and they are all good so far and re gapped them a bit smaller.

This did nothing ! A few friends have been telling me that the bellows exhaust donuts can cause this , I did rag both tips and the motor isles lower but will keep running !

I’m not sure if bad exhaust gaskets can cause this issue or possibly I got a bad set of plugs !

Btw before we did this job the sled was running decent !

Any trouble codes flashing on the gauge cluster?
If you suspect the exhaust gasket (donuts) are bad you should probably do an inspection. If they are the stock donuts, it is not uncommon for them to go bad and leak.
Lastly, since you changed plugs, I'm going to assume that you had the airbox off. Go back and retrace your steps. Check hoses, sensors, correct spark plug arraignment. I've also know that the idle "circuit" on those sleds can be touchy. Check the one small filter inside the airbox that filters the air to the big hose that feeds the idle solenoid to make sure its not blocked up.

If you put a rag over the exhaust pipe and the motor did not shut off. You have bad exhaust Donuts.

Hey guys no codes on the dash !

Here is a quick video of what’s going on. I will have to Change the exhaust gaskets but do slightly leaking exhaust gaskets cause rough idle and bogging ?

Based on your vid that thing sounds like its got a dead cylinder.
Either that or the TORS is trying to activate.
That idle speed appears awfully high. Will it come down to around 1400rpm once fully warm?

I checked the TORS when you hold the throttle it bucks and warning light comes on ! It will idle to 1400

I’m going to slap the old plugs in ! I checked all the air box connections and other connectors nothing is loose

While your swapping the plugs, do an inspection inside the plug caps. Make sure they're not all carbon'd up.

I know this isn’t likely the case but maybe worth mentioning. Any chance you got the wiring harness for the coils mixed up? I don’t know if it will even run mixed up never came across that before but maybe worth checking, I think the cylinder numbers are on a white tag on the wiring harnes.

Last edited:
Hey guys so I re gapped the old 19,000km plugs and put them back in checked the coils also 1.6ohm and all connectors ! Fired right up and runs like normal ! There is a slight bog tho

when was the last time the primary clutch was cleaned and checked for worn parts? sounds like my brothers rx with worn primary bushings did before we swapped it out.

Back