• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex chain case oil leak

4stroker98

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Apex
So I replaced jackshaft, driveshaft and all the chain case bearings and seals on my wife’s 2011 vector and my 2014 apex this year. Went for our first ride yesterday and everything went ok. Took the side panels off today and noticed both machines were leaking in the exact same spot behind the brake disk on the chain case . That seal was changed along with the tiny o ring behind the collar that rides in the seal. I put 250ml of oil in both machines instead of going by the reverse marks on the dipstick. The oil level is higher than the marks but I’m just going by the specs on the belt cover . Has anyone had this issue or do you think they are both just overfilled?
IMG_7586.jpeg
IMG_7587.jpeg

8.5 oz after a change.

i fill both mine to the full standard mark with no issues for years. up past the full mark on the standard side of the stick, i have had issues with it getting thrown out above 70 mph.

Back