• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex engine MODS....... big bore ?

Geez, if this is still NA; it would be a great jump for my RX-1. I should be able to afford it since I have finally adjusted all of my tax returns and will be getting some extra funds this spring.

I will send an email to Fundy Powersports this week. Thanks Alaskanbowtie.

RX-E
PS. I went to Kotzebue, Fairbanks and the capital(Juneau?) in 1986 when the Inuit Circumpolar Conference went there. I cannot remember the name right now.

here is what he sent me via email ;
>>>>>
Hi Michael, we have some pretty good packages for both. On the Vector, just our porting, a little more compression and cam timing makes 136HP from 118 and 88ft/lbs of torque from 80.
We also have a new set of cams that we designed but haven't had a chance to test them yet. Should put the above package to around 150HP.
We are still testing on the Apex, right now our cams, and porting makes 170-175HP, this same package on an RX-1 with 39mm carbs makes 190HP so we still have a little testing to do to perfect the Apex once we have our new manifolds done.
We do have an 1108 B/B for the RX/Apex that makes 200HP with carbs. It's $1800 with the sleeves installed in your block. Then you need our cams $1250, porting $1050 and our new manifold Approx $450. So the total, if you assemble it is $4550.
Yes, an N/A 4 stroke that beats most other N/A pumpgas sleds get's alot of attention.
Thanks,
Ray
>>>>>>
This was the email and his regular kit minus the 39mm carbs is 2800 canadian funds with the upgraded springs, so it shouldn't be that much more with the carbs, perhaps bore your stock carbs ? I'd call them and ask the questions that you have, I've talked to him a few times via emial and he is a nice guy willing to do anything to improve our sport and loves speed....LOL . Tell him I sent ya
;) !

:Rockon: Thanks Alaskanbowtie. I will include the note when I have sent my email. I am just waiting on the corrections to my taxes, as none of my girls were on there. It will result in about $10K tax return for the last five years, and then I can catch up on my other tax returns.

I would love to hear from you if and when you get this installed. Thanks again.

RX-E :D

NO problem

;)! Let everyone here know how your RX does with the kit, I'm considering just having my dealer, that I've snow checked my 07' through (Outlaw Motorsports) to pull the engine and send it to them directly before I ever see it. This is if they can get the Apex kit to around the same numbers as the RX kit 190 h.p. with high comp. pistons, filters and a Boondocker or equivalent efi box. If they do this summer than I'm in for sure , if it stays at the 170 - 175 h.p. range I don't know if I'll do it, doesn't seem worth it for that small a gain 20 to 25 h.p. . If I can get a 40 h.p. gain then I'm in and be willing to pay around $3000.00 US for this . That's a reasonable gain for the money other wise I'll wait to see what others come out with over the next year and just run a Pipe and K&N'S with the Boondocker box for a 6 h.p. gain, maybe 8 h.p. with the timing mod . We'll see , can't wait . Suppose to be a good snow year next year, it rotates on a 7 year cycle here and next year is the year , been doing this for a long long time, sounds stupid but it's like clock work . 8)

Back