• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex fuel mileage

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 Yamaha Apex
I was striding my 09 apex rtx and I put put 110 miles on and just as I got home my fuel light came on. Does any one know how much fuel I still have left and how far I could make it if I had to?

Around 2 gal, so if you're lucky 20-25 miles

Mine is a 2013 Apex SE and has a count-up odometer when the fuel light comes on, the most I have seen is 33 miles with the light on, this week end my light came on went 11 miles and put in 7.9 us gallons so still would have 1.3 us gallons left before totally empty.

I am surprised that you got 110 miles before the light came on. The RTX is geared deeper than a regular Apex.
Most people find that have about 25 miles worth of fuel when the light comes on. Conditions and driving style is a large factor tho.

Don't push it too far. Just got back from 5 days in da U.P. My '11 Apex XTX started sucking air on the north side of Bergland. I had to prime it about 10 times to get around to the gas station, probably about a mile. Once I filled it to the brim, It only held 8.8 gallons. We ran hard (80, 90, 100mph+ when we could) up trail 1 to Lake of the Clouds, and back down 11S back to Bergland. We also backtracked 6 miles for a broken Polaris on 11S. My Buddies bone stock 12 Apex XTX had 24 miles after fuel light came on and he was still running fine, but he put in 8.5 gallons.

My 2006 apex goes about 40 km after light comes on at 160 km riding fairly aggressive. Can get 200-205 kms then bone dry. My tank has the plastic neck removed at filler neck.
OEM spec says tank is 37 litres but I can squeeze 38.4 litres in it

Back