• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Gt - 175 mile report

dsimonRX1

Pro
Website
www.american-iowa.com
We've been extremely fortunate in Eastern Iowa, 8-15 inches of snow on the ground, best start in years. I was going to wait untill next year before replacing my RX-1, glad I didn't. First 175 miles with no studs or clutching changes. Studding this weekend and received Stage 2 Ulmer kit yesterday.
Absolutely love this sled. No comparison in ride to the Rx-1. Best riding sled I've ever riden, feels like I can just hammer throught the rough stuff!

Already impressed with the performance, even though sled is stock and extremely tight. Hit 130 on the inaccurate speedo on a snow-packed gravel road. Power is smooth and there at an instance. Just love driving the sled period.

Handwarmers do leave something to be desired, but actually got warm last night with temps in upper 20's. Hard to tuck in behind that small windshield at top speed, wants to rip my helmet off. Not impressed with stock ski's, but was planning on changing as usual. Have my wife on a 600 XC with the M-10, but this sled rides as well without the negatives of the M-10 (traction/weight transfer).

Good to hear you love the sled. :D :D :D
Let us know an the changes.
In southern Mn we have snow for a change also. Hopefully now warm melting spells till late march.

Have fun Yamadoo

You got a lot more miles in the saddle then I have yet this season. Took mine out for a 10 mile run before we lost all the snow and was very happy with the performance. I can hardly wait to ride it on the trails. I have a map bag and muffs on the handle bars and the warmers were cranking heat not sure if it was because of all the stuff attached to the handle bars. Looks like we got a real winner for a ride this winter.

Back