• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex GT Doesn't want to go

hokkkey

Brand new (less than 300 miles). This has happened three times now. After starting the machine and letting it warm up (from a cold start and it had not been ridden in days), it doesn't want to take off until you are way up past 8000 rpm. Emergency brake is not on and doesn't appear to be hanging up. I always lift and drop the rear end a few times to break away ice from underneath. Anyone experience this?

Once you're free, is everything else normal?

Here's some things to try out:

- You say you free up the suspension, but do you also free up the skis? Sometimes the skis freeze to the ground.
- Raise the track off the ground with a track stand and see if you can turn the track by hand.
- Look at the drive belt before starting the sled up and see if the belt is at the top of the secondary where it should be.
- Check chaincase fluid level as well as chain tension as per manual.

Let us know from there.

Appears to be normal once "free." Ski's are not frozen - has happened twice from inside the trailer and today it was 40+ degrees. Very warm inside the trailer. Will check and see if I can spin track by hand. Will check drive belt at secondary. Looks like chaincase fluid level is at the "non reverse" level where mine has reverse. Will check chain tension...given the mileage I assume the dealer had this correct at delivery.

Another thing you could look at is the chaincase fluid closely. If it's milky, it could have water in it and may be frozen at start up.

or it could be empty and your chain is rusted together. My buddy got his chaincase oil changed except the dealer forgot the important part...the refill!!!!!!! if it's brand new, the dealer may have forgot to fill. just an idea.

Dave

Is the clutch engaging? If so does it act like it does when your track is frozen in the morning or do you feel the clutch engage just before it moves?

You mentioned IN THE TRAILER, You get huge temperature swing's from night to day in side a trailer causing a lot of condensation on motor and clutches and causing major belt slip. Do you run it good on a stand before trying to take off? This will warm up and dry the clutches if wet or frosty. kviper

Well, no problems since it's warmed up around here. I think Kviper may have the answer.

Back