• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Head gasket?

If memory serves here, 3 gaskets is .051 ( Stock is .017) so 2 would be .034. Now I "think" the head shim is just about .052??? So, your answer is NO.

Of course, I may be wrong, tho. lol

-1CS

1Crazysledder is right, you would need 3 head gaksets to make up for the shim, but I beleive the shim is still a touch thicker. If you search my posts I figured it all out last season.

There Kevin NFS2 says 60 thou thats the PL kits shim same as I had. I took it out to low for compression IMO I am running 3 stacked stock head gaskets this season 0.51" thickness.

For a trail turbo set up 3 gaskets and 12lbs is great dont heat soak the engine back to back never ending runs or deto may rear its ugly head,but on a super stage 2 14lbs is possible same deal dont heat soak the engine, the neat thing on the super charged engine with the 60 shim is throttle response is very good at idle with certain pulleys you can acheive 2-3 lbs of boost, so head shim on super 14lbs on 92 pump fuel is good for lets say maybe a run for a trail pump gas turbo. sage2b kit will go to 20lbs.

I put two on mine last year and it lasted 1,00 miles back to one and copper spray good to go now. Put HD studs in it too when it was apart.

Skydog

Keep in mind the shim at .625 + .17 for the gasket you are still installing = .795" over all. Alot of flat land guys will agree the compression ratio is to low.

Keep in mind a stock sled has .17" gasket so 3 gaskets would be .34" thicker then stock.

With the shim you are .625" over stock. So essentially double thie thickness of 2 stacked gaskets.

rx-hi said:
Does anyone know what mc-x sent in 04 for head gasket I thought it was single thicker gasket and would like to know for sure.

Best people to answer your question would be Prince George Yamaha.

(250) 562-4151

Back