• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX LYX GT - handling/cornering

bwilly said:
Thanks, I was really thinkin about a riser. And major mods needed when going with the 2"?

You can get a 2" riser on easy. You can also go a bit taller then that with cable re-routing to below the bars. No cable extensions necessary unless you are going with a really, really high riser (like 4+" higher than stock riser).

is there anything that I need to look out for or tips for swapping out the riser? Just got a mountain rider and the longer bolts for my 09 Apex LTX GT.

I have the 09 LTX, same problems here, but I have made most of the adjustments that people have already advised you. I was running stoxk skis with bergstroms and they really are awesome. I just switched to pilots,only to try and get rid of some of the fatigue in my arms after turning that big boy through the tight twisty trails all day. I will be adding the bergstroms to the pilots over the summer. I'm studded 144 full pattern. I would really recommend bergstroms 8" with ski savers and leveling the front a-arms by adjusting the front shocks. I think those 2 made such a difference in my sled. Less darting and ski lift. You will never be able to totally eliminate ski lift if you ride hard,just minimize it. Its like a backwards 3 wheeler it will always have some tippiness. I couldnt be happier with the way my sled runs and performs now. Once you get it dialed in I'm sure you will feel the same way, I'm at about 2500miles and I'm just finally becoming 100% satisfied. Be patient and make 1 adjustment and test it at a time. That way you can keep track of what did what.

Back