• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex?....never had one....

apexstew

I am looking for any information on the Apex, as I think I want to buy one. I have never had a 4 stroke, and I own an F1000 Cat Sno Pro, and an F8 (wifes)....looking at a 3rd sled without going new ($$)....BUT I THINK the Apex is what I want,,,,just have to find out from owners what they are like . I ride 70% trail and the rest in fields and some powder...

Appreciate any feedback, and what to watch for ....thinking an 06 or 07 and soon. ;)! [/b]

Welcome to the site. Spend some time and read the frequently asked questions for valuable information. Best, the Apex is a great sled.

apexstew said:
I am looking for any information on the Apex, as I think I want to buy one. I have never had a 4 stroke, and I own an F1000 Cat Sno Pro, and an F8 (wifes)....looking at a 3rd sled without going new ($$)....BUT I THINK the Apex is what I want,,,,just have to find out from owners what they are like . I ride 70% trail and the rest in fields and some powder...

Appreciate any feedback, and what to watch for ....thinking an 06 or 07 and soon. ;)! [/b]
Once you get that YAMAHA and put on some time---you will probably sell your ARTIC-CRAPS. :rules

first the torquey power is awesome. you will love at first throttle bar. sled handles and rides nice. the rear w arm on the 06-07 like to crack. youll want to get an updated one or beef up yours. the fual milage will be way better than your too cats. the weight is about the same as the twin spar chassis. NO ADDING OIL every couple tank fulls. just change it once a year. there are a few different models out. a standard apex, a gt with a ohlins electric shock. and the rtx. rtx has floats up front and in 07 a different skid. rear shock, shocks will deffinately need to be revalved. and possibly a heavier spring, depending on your weight. oh and the skis suck.

I rode with a cousin last year he had a crossfire 1000 we traded back and forth and the apex was every bit as snappy , sounded and handled better and I know it will last longer

mntvipermn said:
I love mine. Once you try it, you may just never go back!!!!!!!

Yup.. Agree 100%. I was a die hard polaris man. Would not even consider buying anything else... Got sick or rebuilding motors and bought an RX-1 just to try. Thinking Id be back on a poo in one season. I loved it so much I couldn't go back. Got myself an apex and love it even more. They are a little heavy but not compared to the F1000 which is about the same weight... I think You'll love it too...

You will love the APEX and the sound of the motor will make you think you are on a bike. The power the the yamaha motor make is just nuts have to ride to see what we are talking about. Trun the key and go. :4STroke:

I was really skeptical on the weight issue, but seems like the Apex is no more of an issue than what I have now, and it (Cat) has a 13.5" Cobra on it...I assume the 136" is the best route too...

How bad are they in say 1 to 1.5 ft powder over good base...I am not into big drifts, but I do venture off trail some?.....what milage average should the heavy maintenance issues take place.....and who wants to sell me one LOL?......great site too btw!

Again...read thru the apex posts! Your questions have all been answered time & time again in the last 4 years.

I made my APEX RTX a 144" and it works great offtrail and even got my buddy to buy a yamaha two weeks ago. He was a BIG time ski-doo guy till my heavy APEX and my fat a-- rode better off trail then his 09 summit. This weekend we are making his a 144". And I quote him I will never own a yamaha they are to heavy.

I have a short track and I think its fine off trail. I dont venture off trail much but it gets through, if you want to do much off trail riding Id' go with the attack with the 136" track.

Turk said:
been der dun dat. real deep off trail attak=submarine. It,s been covered.

Im sure in real deep stuff it would sink, its only a 136 but he said 1.5-2 ft of powder over base. I think the attack would work well for that, especially if its not all the time.

Back