• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex shuts down

dooster

I have an 06 Apex GT that shuts down at 9200 RPM. It feels like the rev limiter is shutting the motor down when it reaches 9200 RPM. If I let the throttle go back to idle it will stay running and go right back to 9200 RPM and shut down again. Is it possible that I have a blown fuse somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

When ever I run up to 9200 RPM the motor completely quits. If I hold the throttle partially open the motor will completely quit. Then I must restart it. It will start right up. If I let off the throttle when it cuts out it will continue to idle and I can take off and it will run good until it reaches 9200 RPM and shuts down again.

I can't find how the engine RPMs affect the fuel injection system but like the 8 sensors + oil pressure detection + various voltage inputs the system needs to detect, RPM sensing must somehow be needed for the ECU & fuel injection systems.
Anyone know if/how RPMs influences the ECU &/or fuel injection?
My gut says this is an RPM sensing problem although RPMs may be measured via the crank position sensor in which case, a malfunctioning crank position sensor should display an Error Code 12.

my sled losses all power to. does not shut off just losses all power when riding and then the rpms drop. When the rpms get back down under 2000 rpm power returns yellow light flashes and engine light flashes when power returns the lights go away very random if I go 100 mile it will do it 2 or 3 times

kidastra said:
have you guys checked for bad grounds?

Or possibly shorts, wires rubbed through? Does it happen every time you reach that RPM?

I will cheek my ground? mine is very random sometimes slow rpm's sometime fast rpm's

he_man said:
my sled losses all power to. does not shut off just losses all power when riding and then the rpms drop. When the rpms get back down under 2000 rpm power returns yellow light flashes and engine light flashes when power returns the lights go away very random if I go 100 mile it will do it 2 or 3 times
X2 on this scenario. I always thought it was the TORS. Very random. Going then it drops. Once I stop I give it the gas and it's fine and lights go off.

Back