• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex soft engagement spring

Apex2007se

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex
Looking for feedback from those who are using barn of parts/schmit brothers soft engagement spring. What rpm are u engaging at? What rpm is your final shift at 10700? Have tried finding info but always comes up for either viper or nytro.

Guys I ride with just bought 2 2011 apexs, and a 2010 LTX GT. The 2010 had the soft spring. It engages smooth at 2500 rpm, and the one time I rode it the other night, seemed to top at 10,000. One of the 2011s with exup ran about 10,200 with the stock spring, and my ole trusty 06 rtx runs 10,600, and then a little more on a long pull. We put the triple green spring instead of the soft spring, so engagement is 4000 and really rips now. That's all I know!

I am using the low engagement spring I believe from Dalton, its orange, installed at the dealer, I'm thinking around 2700 engagement, not sure what the rpm tops out at, but it shines in slow tight twisty trails and when reversing, engages smoothly with lots of power throughout the shift.

I have Schmidt's Bros spring in all 3 of our Apex's (2) 128's and a 144 All engage at 2800 rpm and run 10600 on top. I couldn't get bop to do these numbers.

So u are saying not same spring? Do u run stock weights stock helix? Does it still give good throttle response when cruising?

So u are saying not same spring? Do u run stock weights stock helix? Does it still give good throttle response when cruising?
They are not the same spring. stock weights and helix with Thunder Products secondary spring.

Anyone know angle of helix for apex I have an assortment and don’t want to buy more if I have one that is close

Anyone know angle of helix for apex I have an assortment and don’t want to buy more if I have one that is close
Apex stock is 51/43

Never thought of calling them. I’ll ask them what the spring specs are for the primary at the same time.

2012 XTX w/bop spring. Engages at ~2800 and pulls 10700 on top then slowly out to 11ish. Saw 109 on the speedo last weekend and it was still climbing but I made it to the bar

Back