• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex wide front end kit

Smoke

This past weekend, I hit a big phantom rock (covered by 6" of light snow) and drove the left side of my front a-arm assembly back about 3". It didn't break any welds, but it bent the arms and gussets enough to give me, let's just say , a little alignment problem. Instead of buying a stock left side assembly, I was thinking of spending the extra and getting the wide front end kit from Pioneer Performance for $500 u.s. This kit includes the 13mm sway bar which I was planning to get this year anyways. Is there enough performance upgrade in this kit to justify the extra money? Anyone have this kit?

I have the pioneer wide kit on both my RX-1 and Apex. They're both cornering machines now. Most of the difference is in the 13mm swaybar I'm sure. Never had any problems being too wide on any trails, but trailering 2 sleds with wide kits side by side isn't fun.

Two things, First, Check the area of the chassis/bulkhead behind the primary clutch down at the thinnest section for any buckling. Rub your hand over it to make sure it's flat. If it's bent here, your side panel won't fit properly. Second, I think Pioneer is out of stock on the widening kits.

It made all of the difference on my RX1, but I downsized to a 12mm bar, and now my shocks and a-arms actually work.

Back