• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex xtx for trail riding (Y/N)

Buddy has a 2011 red XTX. Got it for a song, only had 1900 miles at the time. The original owner put on the wide Simmons Flexi skis, bar riser and a 1.5" lug Camo track and Rox hand guards. It runs and rides wonderful. He clutched it too after he got it. I am waiting for him to sell it so I can buy it. He recently bought a tuned SW so we'll see what happens.

Tipped rail XTX is a trail sled, possibly the ultimate trail sled. I turned 6000 miles on mine since new and most were on trail. For those that worry about getting stuck, just get on the fun flipper. It's a big show in the soft stuff.

Last year this beast rode some deep stuff in Wyoming. Still far from an ideal off-trail sled, but the problem was avoided with the second pic. And those studs keep it planted on the trail. The speedo became more accurate, and so did the odometer according to my GPS.

Attachments

• 6000 Miles.jpg
    6000 Miles.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Ice Cobra on XTX.jpg
    Ice Cobra on XTX.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 183
Was considering King Air or Star. Does yours have torsion springs?
What was biggest difference?
weight transfer betters and it takes the small chatter bumps out. i also had them install the light front rear spring they recommend as well. the sled now has 30000km and i've had the star suspension on it for 15000km. i also added the lighter torsion springs and the 5 block aluminum adjuster. i weigh 220lbs.

weight transfer betters and it takes the small chatter bumps out. i also had them install the light front rear spring they recommend as well. the sled now has 30000km and i've had the star suspension on it for 15000km. i also added the lighter torsion springs and the 5 block aluminum adjuster. i weigh 220lbs.
Its uncoupled so I believe it transfers weight better but the trade off is possibly ski lift .....

Its uncoupled so I believe it transfers weight better but the trade off is possibly ski lift .....
that's why i have the softer front rear shock spring that star suggested to place more weight on the front skies, plus i've pulled the limiter strap up one hole. with the eps you can add more weight to the front. the only push i have in the corners is in softer snow which is caused by the tuner ski's. i'm looking at getting a more aggressive keel ski such as the yamaha mountain ski with dually carbides otherwise on most snow conditions it handles great. plus i've got the thicker sway bar up front along with ohlins piggy back shocks with very little spring compression to level the front A-arms so it handles well.

Back