• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are the Clutch Noise Reduction Kits worth it???

RSVECTORFREAK

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RS Vector ER
Well that 1 year warranty period is creeping upon me and I am wondering if I should bring my sled in to get the noise reduction kit put in the clutch to get rid of the rattle. I have heard that the kit wears out and needs to be replaced after so many miles anyway and if it doesn't effect performance is it worth the effort. I was going to pull my clutch off and bring it to the dealer for this free warranty fix.

From a noise standpoint, YES. It takes that loud almost bell like clank and turns it into a muted rattle. Figure 80% of the noise is gone.

From a cost stanpoint, many or most of us got it under warrenty.
Are you going to be charged for this? If so how much?

They are going to do it for free under warranty even though I have installed a clutch kit on it. Only problem is the sled is buried in the back of the garage behind all the other toys so it will take some work to get at it. But if it removes 80% of that rattle it will probably be worth it.

If you have the tools and experiance you can remove the primary and just take that in, that is what I did. easier than dragging in the whole sled. :D

Make sure you guys with the clutch noise reduction kit installed clean or blow your clutches out using compressed air a little more often. Tighter tolerances = less belt dust, etc it takes for the clutch to bind, just a friendly reminder and it goes for all the 2006 models as well.

Heres a question:
Are you talking about the fix with the o-rings on the buttons.....or that early fix with some kinda shim involved?
I had the o-rings installed on mine under warrenty...although I can't say what it sounds like, cause I havn't started it after i had it done in late april. It was summerized.

max said:
So the 2006 models has the kit instaled stock? max

Yes, the 3 cylinders at least because of the 240 degree firing pulses. The 4 cylinders have 180 degree pulses and really dont need it as much.

gnip134 yeah it is the 3 0 rings and buttons, I was one of the first to get it and it does work very well :D

Tork said:
If you have the tools and experiance you can remove the primary and just take that in, that is what I did. easier than dragging in the whole sled. :D

Alright I haven't removed a primary clutch since my '87 Exciter. I bought a clutch puller last year but didn't need to use for the clutch kit. I thought all there was to it was removing the primary bolt and threading in the puller till she pops. Am I missing anything?? Oh yeah I will take the belt off first.

RSVECTORFREAK said:
Tork said:

Alright I haven't removed a primary clutch since my '87 Exciter. I bought a clutch puller last year but didn't need to use for the clutch kit. I thought all there was to it was removing the primary bolt and threading in the puller till she pops. Am I missing anything?? Oh yeah I will take the belt off first.

It is easy except they can be tough to get loose. You could use a breaker bar, but then you need to hold the clutch from turning. So when that happens I just use my 1/2 inch air wrench :D

Back