• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARE YOU READY!!!

The crotch rocket theory may have something there, the 17 doo have a really short seat,maybe yamaha n doo had the same idea. 850 etec that now makes 163-165 hp

How do you figure the viper chassis didn't work? It the best handling sled Yamaha has ever built, and with minimal issues compared to other models.

Just saying
A/C owners have tried for years to master the handling of this chassis with minimal stock success. I like my '15 Viper, but I won't buy another. I only trail ride and it's in the shop for repairs currently(warranty). I own 2 vintages Yamahas and tried to support what I was brought up on, but it's an expensive sport now and I want what's proven from the start.

When Yamaha comes out with their own(if ever) maybe for the 50 th...we'll see

Better look here. Kind of a cross between a 2011 cat front end, and 2016 suspension

Attachments

• 2017 yamaha.jpg
    2017 yamaha.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 215
Does everyone forget the apex is a strict r1 race motor in a sled and its one of the earlier low hp models..you do understand the new r1 crossplane motor is 200hp...this will be in a sled 2018,SRX VMAX?last years crossplane was 180hp...don't think Yamaha doesn't already know this!!there just waiting for the right time>>they could get fed up and throw that into a apex to shut everyone up

It sounds like the 15-16 R1. I just watched videos back to back on youtube. hmmmm hmmmm If thats the case HOLY F@$# that will be insane! 4cyl 180hp range crossplane 4stroke! Ok I'm excited now.

Well that would make my viper worth about nothing, lol. Hopefully the dealer will take pity on me and give me a fair trade price.

Well that would make my viper worth about nothing, lol. Hopefully the dealer will take pity on me and give me a fair trade price.
At this second there are 531 Vipers being sold on Kijiji Canada!! Dumping in anticipation ain't the word! Wow! Everything from 2014's right up to 2016's with turbos and low mileage to 2016 Brand Spankin new.

Once again, the problem with making more power in the 1000cc class is that you need to spin the engine with higher rpm than a cvt clutch system can handle. If you want, say, 180 hp without a turbo, you'd probably need at least 14000 rpm. The current apex spins at below 11000 rpm. Sled motors also spin high rpm for longer, and more importantly with a lot more time at full or high load than a sports bike. The current apex has a down-gearing between the motor and the primary clutch to get the primary clutch rpm down to about 8500 rpm max. They could of course down-gear it further for more motor rpm, with higher losses in the down-gearing as a result. I think the biggest problem is getting the reliability for constant high rpm, high load operation to acceptable levels with a higher revving motor.
Edit: Or they could use a turbo or supercharger. I can't imagine they'd ever put a factory turbo on the 4 cylinder motor, because it would be too easy to get too much power out of it, that would upset authorities and insurance companies, plus it would be too easy too fiddle with the boost and break the motor from lack of fuel or over-boost.

NBsledhead, that's not what I wanted to hear. Mine will be on kijiji in a few weeks.

Back