• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARE YOU READY!!!

I do wear foamies , bike as well as sleds. I tried the Quiet Ride system with poor results.

I also posted this on "New 2017 Yamaha Sled." Yes it's a sled. Friend got a quick look at one, appeared to be a Viper frame and they were told it had a Factory Turbo and 180-190 HP. That's all I know but this friend has connections and would not BS me.

I go over 100 miles per tank on my 2012 apex se. this sled wants to run 50 mph and faster its like its smooth riding at that speed more stable than a lighter sleds. I feel safer riding this sled fast compared to lighter sleds and yes i have had lighter sleds. so if new sled not alot lighter i wont mind one bit.

Judging that the Viper is there best selling sled, I would say borrowing Cats chassis DID work. Now that they have had some time, its time to come out with there own.

Peek a boo

Attachments

• image_1455834615522.jpg
    image_1455834615522.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 138
X2

Yamaha continues to miss the market...You need more than a strong motor.....borrowing A/C chassis didn't work and they forgot about the accessories part compared to the other 3

Just saying!
How do you figure the viper chassis didn't work? It the best handling sled Yamaha has ever built, and with minimal issues compared to other models.

Just saying

How do you figure the viper chassis didn't work? It the best handling sled Yamaha has ever built, and with minimal issues compared to other models.

Just saying
But Yamaha didn't build the sled - AC did.......Just Saying

But Yamaha didn't build the sled - AC did.......Just Saying
If you followed the viper from it conception it was rumored in the very beginning that Yamaha had a hand in the creation of the procross chassis. To say that it is purely an AC design is ignorant. A lot of work went into fitting the Genesis engine in that sled. You can see it by simply removing the side panels. This wasn't a fly by night operation. I think it's time for everybody to get used to the fact that the joint venture isn't going anywhere. And why wouldn't you be happy with that? Yamaha has the best engines on the market and nobody spends more time and money on suspension than AC! They prove that on the track every year.

If you followed the viper from it conception it was rumored in the very beginning that Yamaha had a hand in the creation of the procross chassis. To say that it is purely an AC design is ignorant. A lot of work went into fitting the Genesis engine in that sled. You can see it by simply removing the side panels. This wasn't a fly by night operation. I think it's time for everybody to get used to the fact that the joint venture isn't going anywhere. And why wouldn't you be happy with that? Yamaha has the best engines on the market and nobody spends more time and money on suspension than AC! They prove that on the track every year.

Explain to me why the center of gravity is so much higher than the Cat's then? "Rumored". You just said yourself "a lot of work went into "fitting" the Genesis in that sled. Exactly - they didn't design the sled for that motor, they had to fit it in. I agree it wasn't fly-by-night and it functions, but it WAS NOT designed for that motor, so I have an extremely hard time believing Yamaha did any work with up front design. Prove me wrong with some facts - otherwise I'll just go with my facts from riding one.

I have absolutely no problem with the partnership - I never have. I would rather see Yamaha do their own things, but I agree, it isn't going away any time soon, so might as well be okay with it. I just want a sled that Yamaha has been involved with from the start, so the WHOLE SLED is built with Yamaha QDR, not just some of it. I'm really glad you like your Viper, but to most (especially the guys like me who like more than 130 h.p. N/A) don't want the reworked AC bastard child band-aid that the Viper is. To each their own.

Every engine needs to be "fit" into a chassis new or old. You don't build a sled around an engine. And as for center of gravity, I don't see how anyone can say it's too high, that's part of a rider forward design. Ever ride an F7? Tippiest sled ever built, but very agile. I for one have to lean my sled out of a corner to lift a ski, I would say center of gravity is no problem. But then I've got 4000 miles on my viper and actually spent some time tuning my suspension. If you expect it to work for every rider out of the box your very wrong. They are set up to one spec all the same. I'm 225 dressed and needed to actually try a few things to get it right. And if you don't want another "reworked" cat, I think your going to be very disappointed in the 1st. Might be time to look elsewhere.

So if i have bad knees i cant use a foward riding sled. I hope yamaha keeps building apex riding sleds to where you can stand up and stretch out my legs or sit down with legs stretched out. These new sleds anymore i dont get a sore back anymore. So for a ac suspension i say it will get better the longer they work together. I think with those to working together gives us a better sled in the end isnt that what matters.

Back