• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2003 (RX1)

good job again :D Looks like your geting better every time out , no set backs and remember it is very early in the season 8)

nos pro. Things are improving even with the horrible stock ramps. When you change to anything else with a somewhat higher engagement 60 foot times should drop. What I've found from drag raceing cars over the years is if you drop one tenth in the 60 footers I would drop two tenths overall. As far as getting my rx1 to the track to I have to wait until june 7, around here they don't race every weekend. Also what is the elevation of your track? Where I'm going it is about 60 feet above sea level.

Hey Nos how loud is the exhast ? Is it to loud for trail riding ? I do ride a Harley with drag pipes and love it and 70s hard rock , to many guns and age I dont hear all that great any way :lol:

Hi terry,sounds like its working better,cool. Terry if you can get it to run 114-118 mph as a stocker thats wear all the faster ones have got to and not past 118 mph yet,at least as a stocker anyway,now for the E.T. they were in low 11s w/that 118 or maybe high 10s i know woodys was 10.7 at 114 but it was lightened up by over 100 lbs. total and still had a stock motor, now badcats had his run either low 11s or very high 10s and got his to go 117.9 mph stock w/very little saved off weight,but i know he struggled to get it there,his f-7 ran 122mph and 10.5 his zr900 123 10.2 so he had good luck w/both of his cats to say the least,now i still think he did quite well w/his rx1 to considering he did not cut much weight,so there is light at the end of the tunnel,and we here are rooting for you nos-pro he he go get them terry. pete 8)

ashpalt results

nos-pro: how much did you gain from going to the 22 gear.were you satisfied with it.are you going to gear any lower?

Hey tooold - Thanks, and I know we got a long season to improve more. The race exhaust that I got from White Knuckle Performance, is the race version, and is loud, too loud for the trail. But it sure sounds good on the track!

Hey 1xr - Elevation is 667 above sea level. Can't wait to change clutching. If I can get a 1.45 60 ft., that would bring 11.0-11.2, Woo Hoo!

Hey therxwon - I got the front suspension on it now with srx shocks, this thing looks like a spider with the a-arms going up, instead of down. Working on the rear till late last night, didn't get to the computer.

mnmsnowbeast (Pete) - Hey buddy, Have'nt talked to you in awhile. Sounds good, hope we can get this sled to hook hard, and get high 10's stock. Will be going to Great Lakes Dragway sometime this next month to do some testing, (better track conditions). Glad to hear I am close with the other stock guys running.

Hey angleboy - The sled is done shifting all out with clutching, and goes through the traps on all motor to 10,500. (I like it!) 1 more tooth, and I would be running out of gear. Might go to a 39 tooth bottom later. It was still pulling through the traps yet, so can go more on the bottom.

rx-1

we are all pulling for ya man. I hope the thing runs in the 10s with the cluch kit. that will show those articat guys that the rx-1 has potental. :twisted:

Hey welterracer - BBY just shipped out his clutching, should be here by thursday. Saturday is gonna be fun! 10's here we come! It will bring a big smile to all the Yamaha fans that have been coming out to see it run.

Pro116 - I will give you a call sometime this week.

5/31/03 - Bad news today, weather is crap, in the 50's, no sun, wind gusts to 30+. So I won't be going to the track today. :( Suspension is in, but clutching is not. Worked till 9pm last night, and ran into some problems. The srx skid is wider on the top for the rear mount, so the RX1 axle and bushings had to be used. All repairs, and bearings have been installed, adding 10 extra wheels and axles to the rear skid. This sled sits perfect! Will go to the track this coming friday for time runs, will try different clutching then. :D

RX Warrior - Thanks for posting the pic in the photo forum, I owe you one.

Rule one:Take one step on each other!
I´m sure you gonna be faster but try a higher eng.speed for first.
Harder prim.spring for better hookup at 60 feet,and the same weights as you have now.
Your softer track and that awesome 4-stroketorque can do it.
2.jpg

Hey Nos, Are you going to try a run with the new skid only :?: , before you clutch :? Be interesting to see if your gains came form the skid or the clutch or both :?:

Hey tooold - I can do that for ya. Friday, weather permitting, will be good testing for clutching. Will leave stock to see imoprovement from rear skid and shock changes, then I'll change clutching. Found out when you slam this thing down, it is a $%^&*( to get at the screws for the side cover. I am going to experiment with the quick click connectors from Jegs, that they use for panels on the top dragsters, 1 click to the left and they are off.

Sounds good hooper, nice pic. Are you racing asphalt this year yet?

I will get some pics sent today, around 6 CDT

Back