• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2003 (RX1)

NOS-PRO that is a great idea using Quarter Turn Fasteners on side panels

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1602&prmenbr=361

674MSA06550.jpg

674MSEHF565.jpg

jtssrx - I know they would work great. The only thing I am wondering, is if they have aluminum, or stainless. I believe they do, but the wire underneath, may not be. Paint 'em black?

RX Warrior - Sent ya a couple of pics with the sled lowered, You Da Mann!!! Good pics of the fasteners.

Like Spicolly would say, "TOTALLY AWESOME!!!" 8)

Hey everyone - Weather so far looks good, 65° and partly cloudy for Friday and Saturday. Will be putting in BBY clutch set up, and Hauler's old heel clicker set up, along with some other clutching. Sled is slammed now, and works well in the driveway. As I promised to tooold, I will make a pass with stock clutching to give a good baseline. Makes it better for everyone.

i know you wanted to stay pretty much stock but when is the turbo being installed? :twisted: lets see what that srx/rxi 1 is capable of.cuz after all you left stock setup a while back.

Hey srxbully - I know stock means trail stock, I guess I should have said stock under the hood. The only change right now under the hood would be the gear change to a 22 top tooth. Have an NOS system for it, which will go on in late summer, early fall. Sorry about the confusion guys.

nos-pro, that looks awesome slammed, reminds me of the rx-1 we grass dragged last summer, it was just as low except we used all stock shocks. if you get the mph up to 125-130 you're going to want to build an air dam for the front of the sled to route the air around the sled instead of under and then also add some shields that follow the contour of the suspension rails up into the tunnel so you can keep the air from "tumbling" through the suspension.

nos-pro and Hooper those are a couple HOT looking sleds :!: :!: Looks like you guys are getting the most out of your sleds 8) 8)

Terry, I sent along the Yellow HH tuning handbook. If you have time, please read through it, as there is some valuable info in there. My baseline should be pretty close, but if your at the track and its not doing what you want it to, it would be nice to know how to diagnose whats going on. Good luck, and be sure to post when you get back from the track friday night...BBY

Srxspec & Silverbullet - Thanks guys. I have been complemented sooo much on how it looks, and I have this forum to thank for it. Thanks goes to pro116, BBY, RX Warrior, jtssrx, Mr Sled, and a lot of other guys on this forum, without their help, it wouldn't be as you see it. Everybody is great! This forum is awesome! No if's and but's about it! We talked about an air dam of some sort, bolting to the existing holes of the very front plastic underneath, to the middle of the rear suspension. :idea: The idea came from doing the burnout with white shoes on, (hint, hint). Gotta wash them each race.

BBY(Matt) - Played with the secondary last night, while looking at the handbook. Makes sense now, just had to get it apart to see what is going on in there. (Gotta get that Arctic Cat clutching out of my head, I don't have one anymore! :x ) Look at how much the weather changed since Monday, don't look good. Zip code for Kaukauna is 54130, if anyone wants to check weather anytime.

First off the sled looks great in the weeds like that.Ive been following the progress and have a question.What front shocks are you using one time you said 250r,or are they srx shocks? thanks.Keep up the good work you are saving a lot of people a lot of trial and error for the great results.

NOS-PRO, if you decide to do any rejetting or removing the air box and adding air filters i suggest the GYT air filters for a Raptor atv, it takes two of them and they're $40 each or you can go with the K&N ones Yamaha offers for the Raptor also, but they're more exspensive. We ran the GYT ones on our RX-1 last summer and have a good jetting setup, if you're interested email me aulmer@yahoo.com

Yamaha's GYT filter: PN: GYT-5LP95-00-00 $39.95
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories ... 5&pid=1911

Yamaha's K&N Filter: PN: GYT-5LP95-01-00 $59.95
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories ... 5&pid=1507

Back