• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

att mono shock cable

Any idea what caused it? As I am updating my 03 with ra this concerns me greatly due to no warranty to fall back on.

I know there is some concerns with the rubber boot, me and my brother have tears in them from normal trail riding....but have no damage to the cable it self....I have 375 miles on the sled and the adjuster is still working even with the boot torn.

Changed track on a friend's rx. and that rubber booth was destroyed
along with the cable itself :o| The booth/ cable gets so heavy with
ice sticking to it..... YAMAHA is going to have to do something about this,
(secret waranty?) :drink:

i got some nice picture cant post picture email and i whill send picture ,the picture show some railling on the housing adjuster hitting the housing , a groove front track clips on top of that housing a 1/4 off a inche or more the track bounce up and down , the old suspention have a staft whit small weell up midle could be a solution

yes please post picture , as i am not really sure what you guys are talking about!! where's the cable and what boot?

here the housing[/u]

Attachments

• yamaha selector 012.JPG
    yamaha selector 012.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 127
  • yamaha selector 014.JPG
    yamaha selector 014.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 120
  • yamaha selector 004.JPG
    yamaha selector 004.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 136
were you able to still ride your sled, was the shock broken or just cable adjuster broke and shock was ocked in position before it broke

Same thing happpend with me. After a couple of day of hard riding without giving the sled a chance to thaw out I think the ice just builds up to the point that you hear it munching under the tunnel. Done...Gone...Dealer is replaceing it but I'm planning on setting the shock dampening to the ideal position and plan on that being the last adjustment for the trip.
PK
PS This skid still rocks.

Attachments

• Kenton Bar.jpg
    Kenton Bar.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 149
I guess I'm lucky so far. 1900 kms and I checked it out carefully again. The boot is still perfect and the RA is still working 100%.

I wonder if there's something different between our sleds? (or is mine just about to shred...)

I've run in close to -35°C temperatures which caused tons of ice to build up under the tunnel. So much so that when I removed my seat to inspect things I found the tunnel has probably hundreds of small dents (upwards) where ice has hit it just behind the upper idlers.

Tonight I just got back, riding in -1°C temperatures and pouring with freezing rain. My sled looks like an ice cube (1/4" of ice over all forward facing surfaces).

Mine was broke at 1000 km, and the sled sleep in the garage every night, is not effect the shock when it's broken, you have the last adjustment before it's broken. the best.

We are running seven sleds in our group. The boot was torn on all of them by 500 miles.

Some of the sleds have over 3000 miles and they still work with chewed up boots. No other breakage. :ORC

We have to get Yamaha to address this problem soon. :o|

Dan wrapped a piece of rubber around the boot on his sleds and the potential problem went away. LaLaLa

Has anyone contacted Yamaha directly about this problem? It seems to me this is a recall item it this occurred on stock sleds!

Back