• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak Off Trail Riders Product Poll

What would you like?

• Stock rails with Tracks USA extensions.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aftermarket 1-piece billet rails.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Srxspec

Ulmer Racing
TY Advertiser
Tech Advisor
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
WEBSITE
www.ulmerracing.com
Looking at offering a 144" kit for the Attak because I know there is some interest in it. I have a few questions on what people would want though.

Why stop with the Attak? I'm sure there are plenty of Apex owners out there with some interest.

Because most of the guys that would be interested in a 144" likely bought the 136" Attak to begin with and not the standard 121" model.

;)!

Gibby, no it would not. It would only work with the monoshock rear skid.

Srxspec said:
Because most of the guys that would be interested in a 144" likely bought the 136" Attak to begin with and not the standard 121" model.

;)!
Understandable but there are guys like me that bought the RTX cuz it was the best looking sled for 06 :bling

I speak for those of us who are anticipating that new Attak, but the opportunity for an Apex might be too hard to resist. A long track option would be nice, as to my knowledge, there aren't any for the 121" mono.

Think it over - your call.

I would definitely be interested in the 144" billet rails... tip them up ala Polaris and it would keep the twisty handling prowess intact.

Keep me posted on this... I had a 2005 SwitchBack 800 that I loved except for the seating position.

144" is where it's at!!!

Keith M.

Hey I have a GT and I'd be intrested in one of you 136 in rail and tracks if it would fit in my GT.I have to do someting with this sled to get a better ride and handling.I don't have to money to buy anouther new sled but if I have to I will.

I'd like to put 136 inch track and new skis poss 5.7.

Thanks Mike
You can Email me if you like
GodfatherPC@gmail.com

one piece tipped rails for me. if they are strait i have no interest. i have spent time on a switchback with the tipped 144" rails and it was better in the woods than my 136" viper! besides, there are already extensions avaliable for strait 144" rails. we need tipped rails and it cant be done to a 136" with rail extensions.

im not a suspension guru or anything, but it is my understanding that the mono is not designed/capable of handling any more than 136.... that is why you dont see it in the mountain versions and why there isnt a kit currently available.... ????????

onlyblue said:
im not a suspension guru or anything, but it is my understanding that the mono is not designed/capable of handling any more than 136.... that is why you dont see it in the mountain versions and why there isnt a kit currently available.... ????????
the only issue i heard of was track tightening and possible binding as it goes through its travel, but it works fine if you run a looser track.

Well after 700 miles of mountain riding on the Hartman rail extensions to make the mono a 151" skid it worked great. I just want a solid one piece rail with tipped up ends and thought others might also in the 144" length!!

Back