• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak or Attak GT

Do those belong to April???

Still considering the Nytro. Just thinking of Laura, that is, if she ever decides to try our sport.

Nytro Pusher.

YamiSmurf said:
Going to purchase a leftover 07, but cannot decide. Is the GT worth the extra $1000.00.

Any recommendations?

YS

I would say from what I've read on this site that the GT isn't worth the $1000. I've read that the rear shock of the GT isn't as reliable. I would save the 1000 bucks and put it towards a set of Fox floats for the front along with a clutch kit and new carbides for the skis.

I would say yes, I have had no issues withhmy rear shock and I weigh 200 ish. In my opinin the front shocks are worth a grand over fox floats, I think floats suck in everything but big bumps.

Mine was not $1000 more. About $400 more. Yes it is worth that. I really like them both. The GT Attak seems less prone to bottoming at a lesser setting. The ride is very close between the two. May be slightly better on the GT. GT looks better and is easier to clean w/ painted tunnel. Scratches easier though where your feet go. Depends on the color you want.

stay away from the GT, I now have had 5 broken wires and 3 blown shocks,so save your money. I will never buy a GT again. My sled spends half of the winter at the dealership,I have 5 years of warranty that covers it every time but not being able to ride it sucks!!

had the same choice to make and i went with the ER,i too was afraid of the gt shocks after reading all the problems on this site,put the floats up front,adjusted the rear skid to my riding style and it works great. and the floats don't suck you just have to adjust the air to your riding style,also the stock front shocks are not to bad either imo.

Attachments

• P1010032.JPG
    P1010032.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 76
did 277 miles on sat,in northen maine on my 07 attack gt got to play with the front clicker shockes and rear shock what a ride I would say yes to the GT

05 R S Rage
07 attack G T

I also am a happy owner of a 07 Attak GT. I was worried if the rear end would hold up as I have an Expert X ready to go under it. To my suprise, as I beat the living crap out of this sled on some nasty trails leaving Copper Harbor, Mi. one day it held together and wasn't a bad ride either. This trail was 18 miles with 3 foot woops and higher in some spots. I now have about 800 miles on her now and everything is great. It kind of sucks off trail but I am fixing that issue as I type this. The shocks are fine once you learn how to adjust for certain type of landscaps their are.
I also have had the floats and they are okay, but I am kind of leaning towards keeping my GYTR shocks right where they are....on my sled. At most, I will have HyGear duel rate them and they will be better than my floats were...imo.

I have had the reagular Mono in my 06 RTX and I tore that suspension up. There has been some updates to the skid for 07, but I am happier with my GT skid.

Whatever you decide, goodluck as these are both great sleds.

-1CS

I put the money in my pocket and went with a std blue(gets ALOT af compiments).The money I saved paid for a trip this year! Jay

Back