• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak overheating again!

AttakMax

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX 1.75 Supercharged
2007 Attak 144" ZX2
2002 SRX 136" Mono
Any of you guys have any trouble with cooling on your sled. I have an 07 Attak. I went riding today, and after about 5 kms the temperature light came on. It was a beautiful sunny day, about 5 degrees celcius and plenty of lose corn snow for cooling. However, I looked under the sled and it doesn't seem like any snow hits the front heat exchanger and definitely doesn't hit the exchangers under the running boards. Is there a rear heat exchanger kit for this sled? I'm so frustrated with this sled. I had to bring home the sled for constantly overheating on a beautiful day and break out old reliable (700MM). I still had a great day riding on the best sled that I have ever owned!!!

PortyYamaha has them. They have pics of them too. Comes complete with all hardware and instructions.

I'm going to get one soon. I have the same problem.

Does anyone know the part number for the rear heat exchanger kit from Yamaha for the 07 Attak? I can't seem to find it on any of the Yamaha websites.

AttakMax said:
Any of you guys have any trouble with cooling on your sled. I have an 07 Attak. I went riding today, and after about 5 kms the temperature light came on. It was a beautiful sunny day, about 5 degrees celcius and plenty of lose corn snow for cooling. However, I looked under the sled and it doesn't seem like any snow hits the front heat exchanger and definitely doesn't hit the exchangers under the running boards. Is there a rear heat exchanger kit for this sled? I'm so frustrated with this sled. I had to bring home the sled for constantly overheating on a beautiful day and break out old reliable (700MM). I still had a great day riding on the best sled that I have ever owned!!!

dude...drain the coolant and run 60/40 with water or do like mine and rune engine ice....no overheating period!

Try some WATER WETTER by RED LINE. If I let my sled idle in the shop for 15 min. the heat light would come on but now it can idle for 30 min, and no heat light.Never had the light come on since I added the stuff( or maybe my light is burnt out??) Try it,it works!!

I use Snow Kickers, Im telling you they work, no over heating and also helps with lubercation on your slides. There are some on the classified site.

Do a search on overheating. My sled as well as many others on here came with to much coolant in the mix. I took out about 2 liters and added distilled water and it still read good for -43c. I added the temp guage and after added the water it never got hot again. I also run water wetter and it works. Antifreeze does not conduct heat as well as water so too much antifreeze takes away the sleds capacity to cool itself.

Mikecam said:
Do a search on overheating. My sled as well as many others on here came with to much coolant in the mix. I took out about 2 liters and added distilled water and it still read good for -43c. I added the temp guage and after added the water it never got hot again. I also run water wetter and it works. Antifreeze does not conduct heat as well as water so too much antifreeze takes away the sleds capacity to cool itself.

Can you send me to links that show the temp gauge install? and which ones for an ATTAK.

Thanks

sj said:
YOU DO NOT NEED A REAR COOLER PERIOD...

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!

You are entitled to your opinion.
But, I totally disagree!!!!!!!!

I have installed them after the light came on my SRX, Viper, RX1 and the Apex. Except for the RX1 that came with a bad head gasket it RESOLVED the issue.

The light never came on again.

The real issue is that we don’t have a cooler in the tunnel like all the others do.

-Moose

I may do all the above as I don't want anyproblems down the road..

My friends 4 Stroke Cat overheated when we had a good cold spell. I told him about diluteing, ice picks.

My 03 Vmaxs never showed a light in two years I've had them. And if it did the light has different levels of warning. The Attak has only one light level... :o|

My new ATTAK over heated on the first run. I figure partly because it was new. The trails were glazed over from rain and temps were around 32. Of course someone said it will need studs to kick up some snow to work with the rear exchanger.

Still I don't want to go threw that again.

I'll pay the 85 bucks for the exchanger and dilute with water and WATERWETTER. Just have to figure out a protecting plate for it being in the rear might pick up a rock or stud.

Too many guys here claim overheating.

I have to agree with SJ. I had my temp light come on with my brand new 07 RTX. From reading on here I knew about the coolant being too strong. I also read about the rear cooler. There were none available at the time so I didn't order one. I instead put on a temp guage and added 2 liters of distilled water to get my antifreeze good for -43c. I have had no problems since. I did notice with the guage that once warmed up it does not take much idleing to get the temp to rise but does take time to cool back down by running it. I also like the temp guage because it tells me when the lube isn't enough for the hyfax. When I see the temp rise I know I need to hit some loose snow to drop it and it turned out to also help the hyfax. Nice piece of mind. Here are some threads or do a search " water and temp and guage" and you will be reading till next season. LOL

Overheating thread
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... +temp+gage

Temp guage threads
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... +temp+gage

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... gage+guage

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... gage+guage

antifreeze dilution is popular fix.
rear heat exchanger part no. 8EP-RHECR-KT-00 may be ultimate fix. also check out digital temp. guage from Ulmerracing. he will give you exact installation instructions.

I had the same problem a while back only made it 2 km before light came on, good thing though when I stopped smelt rubber burning. It was the track the sliders heated up so much started burnning the track, no you else i was riding with had a problem including a Cat M 8 with 2.25" track, I think there is a problem in design because the top of the skid was covered in snow. I think picks are needed.

Back