• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak Speedo Accuracy

Been seeing a lot of threads about how the Attak/Apex speedometer is off vs the radar guns. Just curious how much they're off on the lower end if at all. So for instance if you think you are going 60 mph, are you really going that speed or is it off some. Any ideas? Thanks

Joe

most reports I've seen say 10-15mph off. There is a way to fix it by grinding off two teeth of a speed sensing gear behind the secondary clutch. Do a search for it, I think machzed posted the instructions.

if you are doing a 115 on the dreammeter than your doing 100MPH true speed.. (ive heard this several times)

I cut one tooth off my 2007 Attak speedo gear. The gauge now reads within 1-2 MPH of my Garmin GPS III+. It is mounted on the bars with a RAM mount. I am very happy with the results.

Good to know info all. Looks like I'm going to be pulling teeth. Good idea on the GPS, I didn't think about using that. I have a Garmin gpsmap76 I use in our boat during fishing season. Easy enough to throw on the sled. Thanks guys. ;)!

10 % is about right as NY Nytro said.

I have done multiple tests of speedo VS GPS.

10 % off pretty much for all comparos.

Northern Sledder said:
I wonder why Yamaha would look right past this. Probably want folks to think their sleds are faster than they really are I'm guessing.

BINGO... we have a winner... You wouldnt believe the amount of people ive talked to that think there sleds go 120-130mph.. because the dreammeter thinks so..

Giggle Gauge ------ GPS
52 ------ 45
65 ------ 56
115 ------ 100
123 ------ 107

But the ODO is just about right on.In 250 miles on the Giggle Gauge the gps read 257.

tcona-AGT said:
Giggle Gauge ------ GPS
52 ------ 45
65 ------ 56
115 ------ 100
123 ------ 107

But the ODO is just about right on.In 250 miles on the Giggle Gauge the gps read 257.

This shows closer to 15%

tcona-AGT said:
Giggle Gauge ------ GPS
52 ------ 45
65 ------ 56
115 ------ 100
123 ------ 107

123 on my speedo is 109 on my gps

SPEED

132 ON DREAMETER 116 ON RADAR

Back