• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak studding advice please.

Website
photos.yahoo.com
I would like to go down the middle only. How many would this be (136") and what lenghts have been used? Anything to look out for or avoid when studding the Attak? Lastly are the tunnel protectors from the factory addequate? I quess thats all...............? Thanks ;)!

MajorGasAttak said:
I would like to go down the middle only. How many would this be (136") and what lenghts have been used? Anything to look out for or avoid when studding the Attak? Lastly are the tunnel protectors from the factory addequate? I quess thats all...............? Thanks ;)!

96 down the middle and shoot that rodent in the picture........

Pick a pattern you can add to. Start with at least 108, 2 pics per bar . If you like racing accross the lake go with more ,but remember the more studs the more the sled will push through the turns which will requier more carbide on the skis. Woody's or Stud Boy 1.325's are good.

fatchance said:
Pick a pattern you can add to. Start with at least 108, 2 pics per bar . If you like racing accross the lake go with more ,but remember the more studs the more the sled will push through the turns which will requier more carbide on the skis. Woody's or Stud Boy 1.325's are good.

Thanks, thats the number I came up with also. The 1.325's have an overall lenght of 1.727 inches. Is that not to tall?

MajorGasAttak said:
Iused 136 in my attak,and they are woodys 3.25 60 degrees,but i never stud just down the middle,i do a complete pattern..

jsa3107 said:
96 down the middle
96 is for the 121 incher, 108 are needed for 136 giving 2 per row. I went with 108 and it hooks really well with the exception of from a dead stop.

I'll take some crap about this, but here it goes.

Dont' stud it, why? Unless your running a ton of icey roads, the ripsaw is awesome as is. You weakin the track, it's expensive, and you have added maintenance to keep an eye on it. On hard pack this track hooks, big. I can't see why anyone would stud it frankly.

Let the bullets fly......

Kubota, A few years back my buddy and I both had machZ's. We always rode together so both sleds saw the same conditions. Mine was studded his wasn't. His lugs were all damaged while mine looked awesome.

Do yourself a favor and stud it! There is no worse feeling than going into an icey corner without them.

KubotaOne said:
I'll take some crap about this, but here it goes.

Dont' stud it, why? Unless your running a ton of icey roads, the ripsaw is awesome as is. You weakin the track, it's expensive, and you have added maintenance to keep an eye on it. On hard pack this track hooks, big. I can't see why anyone would stud it frankly.

Let the bullets fly......

Even though I started this thread I agree with your thinking. But I would rather sacrifice a little weight and maintenance than major structural repair as trees and groomers are'nt very flexible. Everyone has their own opinion, and thats good! ;)!

Stud it. You will never get to enjoy the 4 stroke torque if you dont. Not to mention the added safety of grabbing a hand full of brake, going into an icy corner.

Back