• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak Won't Start In -30c

Attak7

Was in Cochrane Ontario this weekend for a ride. Tried to start my Attak in the morning. The temps were -30c. tried it 5 or 6 times and it would not start. Then all I could smell was gas. She was flooded real bad. Dearler picked it up and said it was bad gas and it was frozen. If it was frozen would it get gas?

Dealer changed oil and I guess it thawed out a bit and it started. When I got it back to the hotel I let it sit for an hour in -20 and yet again it won't start. I noticed this time that the fuel pump was not engaging....... Back to the dealer again....

Anyone else having probelms getting their Apex or Attak started in the cold conditions?

A7

my apex did the same thing this morning its a bout -6f here and dealer said falty gas. changed the plugs and she fired but then tonight whent to start her and she wont star any sugestions?

When you say it won't start could you please give us some sort of description of what happened????
Did it turn over? Did it make no sounds at all?

There is a thread about this already But what i have heard are the fule pump relays dont work for some reason u need to tap them or put heat to them from what i hear. Mine did it 1 day put it ingarage started right up about a hr later :o| :o|

Same thing happened to me. Turn the key and you cannot hear the fuel pump activate. Happened only one time. From the responses from this forum, it sounds like a faulty fuel pump relay which is cheap and easy to change. May have to carry a spare.

-32c at the cabin last sunday morning, :brrr: at about 10am went out & tried to start my Attak. Fired on the first try, & stalled. Fired on the second try, & stalled. Fired on the third try, and went riding. ;)! :-o

Had anm 06 Attak, and an 04 Doo SDI with the same problems last week in our group. Both had frozen fuel pump relays. They appeared to be from the same vendor. Its located behind the left footwell. A hair drier, or in this case a carefully positioned propane torch warmed them up, and no more problems.

My Machine did crank over but did not start.

Thanks for the replys guys. My Dealer just called and said it has a bad fuel pump relay in it and they are changing it..

Great site and thanks for the help!!

A7

Attachments

• prefilter.JPG
    prefilter.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 69
minus 35 and wouldn't go; turned overchanged to slow and fouled the plugs. changed cr10s to used stock plugs and startedgood. also put locktite on my screw on tops of my 10s an was told this was a no no, also got better fuel mileage after the change; thinking the locktite and/or colder plugs.

redsled1 said:
minus 35 and wouldn't go; turned overchanged to slow and fouled the plugs. changed cr10s to used stock plugs and startedgood. also put locktite on my screw on tops of my 10s an was told this was a no no, also got better fuel mileage after the change; thinking the locktite and/or colder plugs.
Interesting! Haven't had a no start yet but fuel consumption is not as good as last year. The only thing I done was install the 10's. Getting a soild 10mpg off-trail riding!

Back