• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Back Firing 07 attak

michiganman

I have an 07 attak that is now backfiring through the exhaust on deceleration. I thought that I read somewhere that this was a sign of a cracked head pipe. The only thing that I have done to the sled lately is an airbox from Ulmer. The exhaust has been gutted. I rode it for 2 months with the exhaust gutted without any issues. It has gotten progressively worse. I also thought I read that this part was covered by a 30 month warranty due to EPA? Any help would be appreciated.

lots of posts on this if you search. Search ypipes,donuts.
30 month emissions will cover labor and parts.

Is it the donuts at the mid pipe or the head that needs to be replaced because my Attak is also backfiring.

2007warrenp said:
Is it the donuts at the mid pipe or the head that needs to be replaced because my Attak is also backfiring.

The head and mid pipes have gaskets, the only place that has "Donuts" is between he flex pipes and the headers. So to answer your question, you could have cracks or holes in the headers and or one or more of the donuts need to be replaced.

Iceman57 said:
2007warrenp said:

The head and mid pipes have gaskets, the only place that has "Donuts" is between he flex pipes and the headers. So to answer your question, you could have cracks or holes in the headers and or one or more of the donuts need to be replaced.

I guess I got some work ahead of me this summer.Thanks

Not to get off subject but how does your gutted exhaust sound. Did you lose any bottom, mid or topend?

Back