• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Back to the Apex

NorthernEdge

Hey guys,
I sold my Sidewinder and I've returned to the Apex. I got a good deal on a 2014 xtx with low miles and I couldn't be happier.
I didnt have any major issues but I just never felt confident in the SW like I did the Apex.
I really wish Yamaha would sever their ties with AC and redo the Apex.
Anyway... I'm getting ready to give the Apex a bath, is it okay to hose it down? It's pretty dusty and I want to make it shine.

Sure, I give them a light misting and use that spray polished to shine them up
Also hit the footsteps with some degreaser and a strong spray.

Don't Armorall the seat of makes them hard to stay on.
My buddy did that for the first ride of the season one year.
Then we switched sleds....I was sliding around on that thing like it was butter

x2 on the armorall on the seat unless you run leather bibs. not a fun ride when sliding around like that. just leave the hood and pannels off to let it dry out better and prepare to dielectric grease all the connectors.

Hey guys,
I sold my Sidewinder and I've returned to the Apex. I got a good deal on a 2014 xtx with low miles and I couldn't be happier.
I didnt have any major issues but I just never felt confident in the SW like I did the Apex.
Anyway... I'm getting ready to give the Apex a bath, is it okay to hose it down? It's pretty dusty and I want to make it shine.

I went back to my Apex after 1200 miles on this Sidewinder that I cant sell.

Hey guys,

I love the ride and handling of the sidewinder, but I too have never been at peace with reliability. I also can't stand working on the cat built sleds! Turbo is great and an engineering marvel, but in time it's more to go wrong. Had a 13 Nytro xtx for a spare last winter, and making it my primary this winter. When I get time away from shop to ride I want the sled with the least amount of risk.....and that's a Japan made sled. I certainly wont' be able to corner as fast on a Nytro, but finishing the ride is far more valuable to me.

Some people like their sidewinders but its just a matter of time, its time is what a Apex has year after year of reliability and confidence, I can't see a Yamacat competing with that, only the Yami engine will last but everything with Cat DNA hooked to it will fail and leave you stranded, they may have stopped building Apex's but the ones that are left will be sought after, its just a matter of time. Apex lives!!!

This is why I purchased an 2011 Apex SE with only 1600 miles, I will enjoy many years of reliability, comfort and handling. Sure the Sidewinder looks cool but how much power do you need if your just riding groomed trails. The only place to open the sidewinder up is on a lake racing. The Apex has plenty of power and great handling for the type of trails I ride. Sure its older technology but its reliable and still has great looks. Plus I was able to buy my Apex for $5900 which was a great deal I couldn't pass up. I already installed new donuts made from brass so they will never wear out. Marginal snow wheels on the front of skid. Bar risers are next along with new taller seat.

Not me.
The winder is the most awesome sled I've ever owned.
My only regret is that I didn't buy it the first year it came out.

Fact is the Apex or Vector is or was a great sled. Price and reliability is why I drove 3500 miles RT to get a new XTX Vector for $8500

Back