• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bad battery?

Vmax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre
On the last day of my five day sled trip this week I had what I believe to be a battery failure. It showed no signs of wearing before or during the trip but the last stop of the trip was to fuel up and after doing so when I turned on the key to cycle the pump the display was flashing lines across the screen and the instrument readings were very faint at best. When I turn the key to start the solenoid would chatter. I put on a battery booster and it started but I had to thumb the throttle to keep it running,after a few seconds it idled and ran like normal.
Is this a bad battery or something else.

What happened at the next stop?

I loaded it on the trailer and I'm not guessing just asking...lol

After you pull the battery I would put it on a charger and then have it load tested. If you are having a problem with the charging system on your sled replacing the battery will not not help.

Yep, apparently I wasn't clear enough.
I understood what you meant, I was answering Mike P and you at the same time....
Thanks for the replies folks

It was the battery, she cranks over faster than it ever has in the past.;)!
Washed and waxed her up this afternoon and stored in my garage:(

Have a great summer everyone

Even slightly loose connections at the battery cause this issue. I assume you bought a new battery, put it in and tightened everything down and now it turns over and starts better. If you still have the old battery definitely have it load tested to make sure it was bad.

The + terminal had some corrosion on it that I cleaned off before installing the new battery. Good point about the load test, if it is still good I will keep as a spare

Back