• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Balljoints

Sledguy89

Extreme
Gettin ready to do the ballpoints on the front of my 09. Was curious if there was a complete ball joint kit for them.

Thanks brad

I see that zbros has a few balljoint options for their front end, has anyone checked to see if they'd fit the stock a arms?

Alright thanks guys, I'm curious as well if anyone has used the zbros uppers on stock a arms. Also heard the 10's lower balljoints were a bit stronger

Sledguy89 said:
Also heard the 10's lower balljoints were a bit stronger
I was told if I ordered a genuine Yamaha part for my 09 and there was an upgrade on a newer model, the upgraded part would be an automatic default. Anyone know for sure?

I have all mine done already. I asked my guy when I was there an the 09's have a superseaded part number. Same as what's on the 10 an newer sleds.

This is very interesting since the Phazer uses the same balljoint. I did some digging in the fiches and came up with this:

(07 Phazer) 8GK-23579-01-00 (replaces 8GK-23579-00-00)

(11 Phazer) 8GK-23579-01-00

(08 Nytro) 8GK-23579-01-00 (replaces 8GK-23579-00-00)

(11 Nytro) 8HK-23579-00-00

Seems like the Phazer didn't follow the Nytro for this further updated balljoint. Then compared the a-arms on the Nytro.

(08 Nytro) FRONT LOWER ARM COMP (RIGHT) MBL2
8GL-23580-01-P2 (replaces 8GL-23580-00-P2)

(11 Nytro) FRONT LOWER ARM COMP (RIGHT) S8
8HK-23580-10-P0

So it is quite possible that the a-arms were changed to accommodate these new balljoints with their collars. I wonder if they used these:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/produ ... oduct=3072

This is what I believe going by "feel" Not precision measuring. The joint OD was changed ever so slightly smaller on the new joints. Reason is the bore size of the A-arms varied and was to tight on some leading to premature wear. When they changed the OD they found that now some arm bores were to big and the balljoint just falls in. The newest a-arms are hopefully the product of a supplier who can hit the numbers needed for a proper fit.

I was under the assumption from what he said the number was the same, prob wrong thinking lol. However I bought 2010 joints for mine

If you have an 08 or 09 nytro the easiest thing to do is just get the updated 09 model lower ball joint as they are a direct replacement. If you opt to use the 2010 or newer lower ball joint on an 08-09 model be sure to get the spacer adapters that go with that ball joint as the ball joint itself is shorter in height and has a larger center bore so the spacers are needed to make it fit properly.

^Correct, I just did mine. You need 2 spacers/bushings and 2 washers for each of the ball joints and they provide the bore for the bolt to pass thru, where as the bolt used to ride right inside of the ball joint bore on the old style. There's no actual Left or right hand as the fiche above says, they relate to the same part number.

Back