• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

battery not charging

Found my problem, took stator cover off. found outside of stator chewed up and inside of flywheel also. noticed 1/2 half of a tooth missing on starter idler gear. Looks like i have to send some money. Thanks everyone
Sorry to hear that. Now listen. Find a good dealer to run it through. Yamaha has covered these out of warranty and even heavily modded. It’s there fault. I hate to be bearer of bad news but only proper fix of one is to pull engine and inspect entire bottom end including bearings and oil pumps. Only way to really 100% know damage. Many have gotten away with fishing parts out and replacing stator,gears and starter but I have seen damage to bearings and pumps.

Checked the ohms of the stator wires to each other got .5 ohms. checked each stator wire to ground got 1.5 ohms. appears that the stator is bad. check wiring for rub through did not find any concern. do you believe that this is correct.
how did you know the Stator was bad?

check your ground blocks as well.
can you let me know more about this Ground Block problem I keep hearing about? I have a 06 RS venture. I thought that was a problem only on the 4 cylinder models? Thanks,,

i
Checked the ohms of the stator wires to each other got .5 ohms. checked each stator wire to ground got 1.5 ohms. appears that the stator is bad. check wiring for rub through did not find any concern. do you believe that this is correct.
thought those were acceptable ranges?? How do I find my SPecs for a 06 RS Venture for the Ohm and voltage ratings for the stator?

Stator should not be grounded so yea that’s not good. Please tell me you haven’t had a kickback and starter skipping? Hopefully not. If not I can check my stator for comparison if you like?
How do I find my SPecs for a 06 RS Venture for the Ohm and voltage ratings for the stator?

ground blocks are in all the delta box/fx yamaha sleds. usually hidden in the harness and can be identified by all the same coulour wires going into what looks like a plug.

Back