• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery replacement

LOL. Either lose weight or add more HP. Which one is easier?

9.5lbs = approx 1.4% of the sled weight ... and here I am trying to lose weight for this season by exercising and eating rabbit food

EarthX here to 3 yr for it. Was in my viper for 2yrs
Tried earth x etc14c,installed in apex. Broke off nose of new starter oem, 1st time using it , wanted to save 10lbs, Do I have to go easy on repeated starting? Sled never left garage.

GYZ20H

Attachments

• 5A0A8AA6-254A-4208-982D-B81593C9399C.png
    5A0A8AA6-254A-4208-982D-B81593C9399C.png
    303.5 KB · Views: 143
Tried earth x etc14c,installed in apex. Broke off nose of new starter oem, 1st time using it , wanted to save 10lbs, Do I have to go easy on repeated starting? Sled never left garage.

Not sure what you're asking here. Maybe repost question.
Mine starts in below 0 weather.
I'll find out how it works in -24 Friday.
And it's 13 lbs lighter than the battery on above pic.
Crazy how far batteries have come.

Its the cold weather I am more worried about. I need one that cranks at -35C.... Some times you just need that extra to crank it over in the cold. Saving 10lbs is NOT worth it to me. Go on a diet, if you want to save 10lbs. lol

I'm a huge fan of AGM HD batteries. Anything that vibrates lots they seem to last. I replaced the battery on my Nytro this year for 99 bucks CND. I'm sure it will probably last 5 years.

I own a Cessna 150. Small planes are hard on batteries. I spend the extra money on the AGM HD version for it. The last battery lasted 7 years. The regular flooded battery I had before lasted 2.

I'm a huge fan of AGM HD batteries. Anything that vibrates lots they seem to last. I replaced the battery on my Nytro this year for 99 bucks CND. I'm sure it will probably last 5 years.

I own a Cessna 150. Small planes are hard on batteries. I spend the extra money on the AGM HD version for it. The last battery lasted 7 years. The regular flooded battery I had before lasted 2.
Got a link to an agm to fit our sleds? I like them in my boat

This should work also.

Attachments

• FEB7F017-37E7-471D-A0AB-5D7FB0BA3E7C.jpeg
    FEB7F017-37E7-471D-A0AB-5D7FB0BA3E7C.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 96
Funny thing is, i actually NEEDED the weight on the back of my Winder.
So i put a 3.25 gallon gas can back there.
Lost 12 gained 20.
On the Apex it actually did matter. 12 pounds off the front made a difference.
I've found that YUASA is one of the best long term batteries at about $175. 10 years on all of them.
EarthX is about $275.
Anything under $100 just didn't last more than a few years.
So it's really about how passionate you are & how much $ you are willing to spend.

OR..................some, like me, just need anything to convince their OCD head that they have an advantage
OR..................some are just cheap

Funny thing is, i actually NEEDED the weight on the back of my Winder.
So i put a 3.25 gallon gas can back there.
Lost 12 gained 20.
On the Apex it actually did matter. 12 pounds off the front made a difference.
I've found that YUASA is one of the best long term batteries at about $175. 10 years on all of them.
EarthX is about $275.
Anything under $100 just didn't last more than a few years.
So it's really about how passionate you are & how much $ you are willing to spend.

OR..................some, like me, just need anything to convince their OCD head that they have an advantage
OR..................some are just cheap
Fixed income =cheap = me!

Back