• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery replacement

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
What's everyone using for a replacement battery in their Sidewinders? Going back to the stock Yuasa one or have you found a better one? Same type of lead acid or AGM, gel cell?

You'll get as many opinions about batteries as there batteries. Suggest research. For me and my Powersports (5 batteries) Odyssey AGM. Find out when your local parts store has battery sales and buy it then. Also buy a Schumacher battery (load) tester for the sled and the cars.

$69.99 Royal distributing YTX-20. I get a new one at the start of every season, never had a battery issue doing it this way.

I'd go for the YUASA for $130 and be good for at least three years.

Ive done it, and never had a yuasa last 3 years for me. I put new batteries in everything at the start of every season now. Sleds and jet skis. Honestly, these batteries will probably last just as long as a yuasa, but for the cost, it’s worth it for me to never have a battery issue while in the middle of nowhere.

Ive done it, and never had a yuasa last 3 years for me. I put new batteries in everything at the start of every season now. Sleds and jet skis. Honestly, these batteries will probably last just as long as a yuasa, but for the cost, it’s worth it for me to never have a battery issue while in the middle of nowhere.
Glad it has worked for you, I've just had bad results with the cheaper batteries and I used to sell them. A few years ago, I couldn't get the YUASA spec battery for a Yamaha Vstar 1100, as they weren't in stock so I opted for the cheaper replacement. The machine came back a few weeks later, all the lights were blown as the voltage was spiking up to 17 volts. Put a good battery in, problem solved.

My stock battery started leaking in my viper the second yr. Caught it before it made a big mess. That's why I went with EarthX

The Shorai didn't last that long for me. After the first year, it got weaker & weaker on cold starts.
Earth-X is amazing & weighs exactly 12 lbs less than stock, but is over $250. No problem in cold weather either.
For me, turns out i need weight in the back of my sled to make the suspension work, so stock weight actually "helps" my skinny #*$&@.

ALL my Yuasa batteries have NEVER failed with 3 going 10 years.
They are only about $80 also.

Bottom Line:
Lightweight, expensive & AWSOME=Earth-X
Affordable & dependable=Yuasa

Last edited:

Back