• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery Tender

They would have to split so to speak. The positive would go to the starter and the red jumper lead. The negative would ground to the engine/frame and go to the black jumper lead. The same place they would go if we didnt have jumper leads.

I connected the extra plug that came with the charger to the jumper wires two seasons ago. Works great and with the plug I dont need to open the hood.

Actually any connection that is not switched will work. Same as charging through the ligher or accessory socket in a car

machzed said:
I just hooked the PLUG IN cable,that comes with my battery tender jr.....bolted both looped ends to the bolts on battery and ran the plugin where the jumper extension run....so now i can simply plug in my batt tender jr. into the plug and its all set for summer.

Dan

Yep! It's as simple as that ;)! I did the same, and I have also charged through the Jumper Leads :rofl:

I always keep the sleds plugged in when not in use. Original batter on 2006 Vector GT and swear its because there's a battery maintainer on it.

I’ve got an Optimate 3 and it’s the original battery. I attached the pig tail that came with it directly to the battery terminals, when I’m riding I use the same plug to power my AMPS cradle for my Garmin Montana 600. It has an inline fuse in the pigtail to protect the GPS mount and by using the plug all the time, weather charging or powering the cradle there is less corrosion on the plug end.

Back