• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

belly pan/oil filter

mike3577

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 nytro xtx, 8 inch slydog powederhounds, mbrp silencer, ulmer racing clutching, fast track studs,cr10ek sparkplugs,
does the metal ribs on the belly pan tear up the short oil filter that comes :rocks: in the oil change kits?or do you have to worry about those ribs if you use a aftermarket longer filter?i know if you hit something under the snow that you could be screwed,but are these ribs rubbing on the O.E.M filters?

Bare Minimum I would pull off your stock belly pan, grind the ribs that are in front of your filter down to flush, and run nothing but a stock Yammi oil filter. Anything on top of that can't hurt you.

00-NUKE said:
Bare Minimum I would pull off your stock belly pan, grind the ribs that are in front of your filter down to flush, and run nothing but a stock Yammi oil filter. Anything on top of that can't hurt you.

X2 took a drumall and ground off the steel ribbing in the area of the filter. I am running Yamaha skid plate on top of stock and in 4 years of riding been no issues....and yes I have hit a few things along the way

Just installed it. Since I had all the panels and 'bottom cover' (I refuse to call that piece of crap an engine protector) off, install took all of 15 minutes, the majority of the time spent bitching at my battery powered drill.

Piece of cake, looks awesome and an easy install; my idea of the perfect product.

Wouldnt even ride my sled with that stock plate. First look at that and hearing people were making it weaker (by grinding structure) so the oil filter could keep the plate from flexing upward is crazy. Shame on Yamaha for such a oversite and not changing since 2008. Roest plate can or will save your motor on a very short riding season regardless of insurance or warranty.

A Roest skid plate is the only way to go for the bottom of a Nytro. Once you see the difference between it and the plastic alternatives, the choice is clear.

Hornet Handler said:
Got snow out east?

Its snowing here in Midwestern WI at the moment. Would be nice to get a little bit of snow, just enough to cover up the corn field we spread cow manure on lol

If we got 1 inch of snow, we'd have a total of about....1 inch of snow.

Skid plate a must, especially if you are boondocking or going off trail often...

bottlerocket said:
Wouldnt even ride my sled with that stock plate. First look at that and hearing people were making it weaker (by grinding structure) so the oil filter could keep the plate from flexing upward is crazy. Shame on Yamaha for such a oversite and not changing since 2008. Roeast plate can or will save your motor on a very short riding season regardless of insurance or warranty.

Well Spoken! ;)!

Back