• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt height

Weapon X

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I put a new stickier belt on my phazer and noticed that the belt sits about a 1/8 of an Inch down in the secondary ,the stock belt did this too right from factory. Is this what you guys are seeing or does this thing have to be shimmed up to normal height like an 1/8 above the clutch?

So I have to pick up shims for behind the secondary or in front of it, not sure how to do this cause I've never done this.

My belt with 600miles on it is about a 1/16" above secondary.Yes if yours isnt you would have to remove shims but not sure if your deflection would be to tight what you would do_Other sleds you move the motor.You will just have to try the shims and see.

Mine rides low also. Is this particular secondary adjustable? I didnt think you could close up the sheaves tighter on this one. If you can or somebody already has, please explain.

from manual: When installing a new v-belt be sure that it is positioned from 0.06" (1.5mm) above the edge of the secondary shieve to 0.02" (.5mm) below the edge. If the v-belt is not positioned correctly, the clutch engagement speed will be changed.

I don't see anything in there about adjusting belt height but I just looked quickly.

Blueheron said:
from manual: When installing a new v-belt be sure that it is positioned from 0.06" (1.5mm) above the edge of the secondary shieve to 0.02" (.5mm) below the edge. If the v-belt is not positioned correctly, the clutch engagement speed will be changed.

I don't see anything in there about adjusting belt height but I just looked quickly.
Ya this is exactly what I read ,and nothin on adjustment

Back