• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt life?

Snoxracer242

Expert
Just wanted to ask you all at what mileage are you changing your drive belts? I have about 1100 miles the orginal belt and was wondering how long to run it? It still looks good and sets up in the secondary still.

Thanks for your input!

Dustin

I have 1600 miles on my sled, and even seen a hint that the original belt is goona go. More then I could say about my F7. I think my F7 blew 3 belts by 1600 miles, and at $80 a piece that hurt the wallet.

Saw a sled in the shop that had over 7,000 miles on original belt and just then needed changing.

I started the week with a new belt. 1500 kms later and she's shredded. I'm on my 3rd one.

1st belt blew @ 1600 kms
2nd belt I ran for another 1400 kms then took it off to use as a spare.
3rd belt blew @ 3800 kms
put 2nd belt back on and will keep an eye on it(I put in some skinny shims in addition to the fatty's on the secondary to bring it up a little more)

I am an aggressive rider, but this seems a little excessive. I'm gonna get dealer to check clutch offset & center to center to make sure she's all good once season is over.

i pulled a cord at 1200kms..belt still good,but i changed it anyways,vented my side panel,put a clutch kit on and now have 3000kms on the same belt..mostly off trail running

I've switched to suspenders. And, I'm thinking seriously about giving boxers a try at 1500 miles.

Back