• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt squeal on warrior?

low slung

TY 4 Stroke Master
Just put a new belt on my warrior after 3300+ miles of use,then i went for a ride to break in the belt . After i came to a stop to check everything a loud squealing noise came from the primary clutch.This sound only happens at idle,as soon as you hit the gas its gone.The belt that i installed was under the hood of my sled for 3 years,should i have washed it with soapy water first,any ideas?

Thanks guys.i just washed the belt and will install it tomorrow,don,t want to adjust the deflection of the belt.I just removed the secondary to grease the bearing and got this annoying noise.Hope the belt will wear and it will go away.

Had my father pick-up a new belt at the local dealer(for a NYTRO) :Rockon: ,while he was there he told my problem to the dealer,there solution?Remove the SHIMS on the three small bolts on the back of the secondary.I followed the advice and the noise appears to be gone.

Back