• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent subframe or A-Arm??

dunham77

So I have a 2008 FX Nytro RTX and what I think is a bent Right Lower A-Arm cause it's pushed back about and 1 1/2 further than the left... my question is there's alot of talk about bent subframes... How do I know wether it's the A-Arm or the subframe?

Run some form of straight edge alongside of the A arms and see if they are bent that way.

Regarding the subframe, have a look at where the lower A arms mount to the sled, in particular the rear mount. See if that plate looks/feels bent or off kilter.

Grimm said:
Run some form of straight edge alongside of the A arms and see if they are bent that way.

Regarding the subframe, have a look at where the lower A arms mount to the sled, in particular the rear mount. See if that plate looks/feels bent or off kilter.

X2 - I found a small tweek on my plate. Pay close attention to that circle area in the plate. Take pics and post it here, if you can't find it. These guys helped point out my tweek. :rocks:

My monies on the Subframe cuz both 08 and 09 are all substandard and won't stand up to normal trail riding... I'll give ya the heads up next year if the 10 is substandard... Theres no circle on a 08 and that cobbled update was added in 09 and doesnt werk either...

I know mine is bent but I'm waiting til after the season to fix it. I have the Y.E.S. warranty has anyone had it covered under the warranty. The sled is a 2009 RTX SE

The subframe is made from kryptonite you impacted something which would not part of the YES warranty coverage no one else has bent their 09 subframe this year...

My 09 XTX subframe is bent and I'm just going to ride it until the snow is gone. I havn't heard if they are going to warranty it or not. There are guys that are bending the 2010 subframes already. Yamaha hasn't fixed the problem yet.

You might get it warranteed if there is no sign of impact. In my case, I ended up bending the subframe when my ski caught something under the snow at less than 5 mph. I used a pry bar to bend it back in place using the A arms as leverage and made a small dent in the upper A arm. This was all Yamaha needed as "evidence"...thus no warranty for me.

I'm the only one with a bent 09 and no one on the planet has bent a 10 unless they impacted sumptin... I'll bet if you called today you would be the first of the year...

Grimm said:
You might get it warranteed if there is no sign of impact. In my case, I ended up bending the subframe when my ski caught something under the snow at less than 5 mph. I used a pry bar to bend it back in place using the A arms as leverage and made a small dent in the upper A arm. This was all Yamaha needed as "evidence"...thus no warranty for me.
Where did you put the pry bar?? I hit a rock under the snow a few weeks ago and now I believe my subframe is bent? The left shock spring is only about 1/4 inch from the rear of the top A arm? Up till this miss hap my shocks were dean on ctr. I have 4000+ miles on the girl. Also how much is a new sub frame and how hard isn it to replace?

the score for this weekend is three poo trailing arms, one yamaha trailing arm, two cat front ends, two poo sway bars, and one nytro subframe and one entire skidoo chassis,things are getting ugly amongst the couple or so dozen guys we ride with.

sgilbert said:
A nice strong tow strap tied at bottom of skileg and couple good tugs from an atv or whatever and it'll come back, easier than I thought
I will put the Kawi 750 brute to the test and pull away this weekend. Hopefully I don't pull the front end off? :Rockon: Thank you for the info.

are the sub frames that weak come on thats scary i have looked at mine every time i see this posted i have 9600km on mine is it that everyone that bends them are really hard riders or what

Back