• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent subframe or A-Arm??

Add me to the list. :o|

We rode the shore line from Paradise Mi. to Brimley. I was real careful on the ice chunks. Got into Brimley climed a small burm and hit a rock on the left ski. I was barely moving. Sure enough the ski shock is now closer the the rear of the A arm then the front, dooh.

I am hoping it is the A arm.

I never could tell what it was that bent on my machine. The subframe didn't show any kinks or bends, niether did the A-arms. Finally just used a chain come-along to pull the lower arm forward until the shock was centered. I couldn't believe how easy it was to pull it back into place.

nlh said:
I never could tell what it was that bent on my machine. The subframe didn't show any kinks or bends, niether did the A-arms. Finally just used a chain come-along to pull the lower arm forward until the shock was centered. I couldn't believe how easy it was to pull it back into place.

what did you attached the sled to when you pulled it ?

The top arm I used a ratchet strap. One hook on the upper balljoint with a rag wrapped around. The other hook to the plow on a 1ton GMC. The come-along was hooked at one end to a backhoe, the other to the lower arm, as close to the spindle as possible. I took it slowly to ensure I didn't make any other problems but it worked very well, and again moved back into place with little effort. I fully expect if I keep this sled I'll probably be doing it again.

larrypolaris said:
Add me to the list. :o|

We rode the shore line from Paradise Mi. to Brimley. I was real careful on the ice chunks. Got into Brimley climed a small burm and hit a rock on the left ski. I was barely moving. Sure enough the ski shock is now closer the the rear of the A arm then the front, dooh.

I am hoping it is the A arm.

LOL!!! At least you have a dramatic story to tell people...I've two bent subframes and no drama. Here's my story hello insurance guy (ins. guy) "what happen" Ummmm I don't know but my subframes bent and they want you to pay to fix it... Yamacorp needs to admit their part suxs donkey and fix it NFC so far they've changed its design three times now oh well hows the 2011 parts look'n???

nlh said:
The top arm I used a ratchet strap. One hook on the upper balljoint with a rag wrapped around. The other hook to the plow on a 1ton GMC. The come-along was hooked at one end to a backhoe, the other to the lower arm, as close to the spindle as possible. I took it slowly to ensure I didn't make any other problems but it worked very well, and again moved back into place with little effort. I fully expect if I keep this sled I'll probably be doing it again.

did you have to loosen any bolts when you did this... cause my right shock is off center a little bit....i checked the sub frame and nothin bent or wrinkled... i just want to center the shock...thanks

I am in the process of installing my new front cradel. I'll find out in a day or so if I fixed my shock being off center problem.

Looking at the old cradel now that is out, there is a slight krinkle in the center "O" area, and the lower A-arm rear bolt hole seems oblonged slightly.

[/quote]
did you have to loosen any bolts when you did this... cause my right shock is off center a little bit....i checked the sub frame and nothin bent or wrinkled... i just want to center the shock...thanks[/quote]

No I did not loosen any bolts. I just pulled it back into position until it was centered (eyeball close). It's possible in my case that just the bolts were bent as I couldn't see any indicating factor whatsoever that the subframe was tweaked. I did notice that after a couple more rides the shock was slowly starting to settle back into it's "off center" position.

Hope this helps

Got the cradel in and the shocks installed. Problem fixed.

Both shocks are equal and cenetered to the A-arms. Man I still can't believe how such a small wrinkle can make that much of a difference to shock alignment. The rear lower A-arm bolt hole looks slightly oblonged too though.

The part number of the new cradel has changed again. I sure hope it is made of a stonger material, like Hardened Carbon Nitited steel or something. What a costly PITA.

larrypolaris said:
Got the cradel in and the shocks installed. Problem fixed.

Both shocks are equal and cenetered to the A-arms. Man I still can't believe how such a small wrinkle can make that much of a difference to shock alignment. The rear lower A-arm bolt hole looks slightly oblonged too though.

The part number of the new cradel has changed again. I sure hope it is made of a stonger material, like Hardened Carbon Nitited steel or something. What a costly PITA.

Oh well. At least it gave me a good excuse to install Ulmer's Oilite Bushings. Tmem baby's are nice and tight. No play at all.

The new frame is suppose to have stronger gussets but I still think they're to weak and the front center gusset positioned wrong. There is way to much flex in the a-arm towers which gets very little support from the OEM gussets. I installed the newest frame and after still hearing reports of it bending I decided to weld my own gussets. If your shock is not centered anymore use a bar at the a-arms and recenter it then weld in some gussets. The problem is with the a-arm mounts and if you support them properly the problem will be corrected without buying a new frame.

i got this prob and another guy at work bent 2 now ridiculous I think I will just try and pull it staight but u got 2 figure it is just gone keep goin back every decent hit :o|

Are you guys saying that the 2011 Nytros have a different part number? 4 frames in 4 years?

Back