• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent Subframe Warranty?

nytrortx149

Veteran
Just wondering who have or had a bent front end, did you get it covered under warranty? I am dealing with this issue right now!

Ya, me two...at less than 300 miles. Third ride out I noticed going across a field standing up that my right ski was riding 4 or 5 inches in front of my left. The right spindle is laying over hard and the left spendle is standing straight up. I have continued to put another 300 miles on it like this but the are not enjoyable miles. The handling is awfull, dangerous even. When I called Yamaha about it they acted concerned at first but said they have never heard of this happening without impact. ( They kind of acused me of hitting something) Anyway, got the run around. Dealer too. I have yet to order a new subframe because I am certain it too would be weak. I guess I am waiting for an aftermarket, lighter, stronger subframe to pop up.

I have been getting the same run around. Yamaha says call dealer. Dealer says call Yamaha. I haven't bought it in yet but I know they will just look for a mark on the skis, and any old mark will do, and say I hit something.

I bought a 07 Grizzly 700 and this Nytro last year. Blue for a long time. Never had issues before. I'll be thinking long and hard before I have another one. I can't believe the denial they are in over this.

Everyone here and an the yamaha blog says bring it to the dealer. Why bother. It seems that their minds are made up that you have hit something. My dealer told me they haven't heard of it. I know two people who have gone through the same song and dance with them.

Oh the fact there are 10 changes on the XTX has nothing to do with the potential of a bad design, it is just coincidence.

NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. YOU MUST HAVE HIT SOMETHING.
MY LOWER A ARM BOLT BROKE AND FELL OUT. FRONT END TOOK A DIVE WHILE RIDING IN POWDER. BENT LEFT SIDE AND SUB FRAME. NOTHING YAMAHA HAS BREAKS. 7 FEET OF POWDER, BUT I MUST HAVE HIT SOMETHING. NO VISIBLE SIGNS OF HITTING ANYTHING, BUT I HIT SOMETHING

Myself and another guy have been waiting to hear back from both the dealer and Yamaha for a response since over a month now, and nothing as of yet. Same ordeal, we must have hit something, basically guilty until proven innocent in this case. This is not good, not good at all....

Boy am I ever glad I didnt buy one last spring, came real close! Come on Yamaha, take care of these people or loose alot of customers.......

I've been hitting the bumps hard (thats what they are made for right?). So I check out the front end at every rest stop we take (about 75 miles). At this time it only looks like the right shock is closer to the back of the top a arm than the left side. I'm good friends with my dealer, so when I bend it I just need to worry about yamaha. You would think they would do a recall and fix this problem before someone got hurt. I've been on blue since I was 10, and I'm hopping this machine will not change that.

I think the entire front end of the 08 is a disaster! I have been relentlessly adjusting and tweaking since I picked this sled up and although it is better its still poor at best. Im wondering if the geometry combined with the weight of sled focused in the middle to the front is contributing to the bending were seeing??? Mine is tweaked but not bad enough to let it sit outside at my dealer while whats left of winter melts away waiting for a miracle from Yamaha that we all know will never happen. I'll fight it out in the spring or next fall but Im not missing another ride unless its bends worse than what it is at this point. On hcs.com I read about a moderator who kept riding his after he noticed the bend and now the dealer wont warranty it because he didnt cancel a planned trip and drop it off for them to attempt to warranty it. Tough call here but im riding now and will role the dice later I guess
Beast

had to x brace mine could n t trust the front end after i tweaked it.. no word from yamaha yet , i think a old 02 zx chassis doo is the next step..
4 new yamaha sleds in 4 years , 2 new bikes one last year and one in 05. no troubles till this year and not to impressed.........

newfieattak said:
had to x brace mine could n t trust the front end after i tweaked it.. no word from yamaha yet , i think a old 02 zx chassis doo is the next step..
4 new yamaha sleds in 4 years , 2 new bikes one last year and one in 05. no troubles till this year and not to impressed.........
Im going to prob bend mine back and reenforce it myslef as well. I have no confidence Yam will warranty it and if they do, I have no confidence the new subframe will be any stronger anyhow. I see lots opportunity to stiffen it up and it shouldnt be to difficult. That or I'll just sell it and be done. Im losing that lovin feelin with the entire chassis.

08 FX Nytro lover said:
Im going to prob bend mine back and reenforce it myslef as well. I see lots opportunity to stiffen it up and it shouldnt be to difficult.

I'm going to do this to mine as well. It got tweaked in a 70 footish mishap in Feb. The lower tube looks to be bent just behind the rear lower a-arm mount. If it was braced like the irondog guys did thier sleds, It may have survived. Something to do this summer.

I think everyone needs to pick up phone and call Yamaha USA or Yamaha Canada and ask them to log the problem into the system. If they get enough complaints maybe they will do something about it. We know theres no shortage of bent sleds to speak off. They just need to get logged.

Yep. A friend of mine tweaked his sled last weekend. He will be going to the dealer and logging the issue when coming back from working this week. If you have a good dealer they should just do it no questions asked. I bet Yamaha knows the problem but if everyone just change the subframe without saying how "small" the hit is they will not make any updates for us...

Hey i hardly had to bitch at all... i got mine covered .... the service manager at Umotors in fargo nd is the man..... he called yamaha got it done... everything was covered :-o

Back