• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent Subframe

ksc185

Ok people want pictures here they are. This is my FX Nytro after running over a rock at low speeds. Both A arms are in perfect condition while you can see from the pictures that my sub frame is tweaked. I understand that some of you don't believe that they are weak and that is fine but I can tell you that for 10 thousand dollars I would much rather have an A arm messed up then a sub frame. I feel there is no need for a sub frame to be messed up due to the impact I had. You can see that it barley did any damage to my ski. Now please I'm not here to start a fight just showing people the proof. I have contacted Yamaha myself and made a complaint.

Attachments

• nytro.JPG
    nytro.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 146
  • nytro 3.JPG
    nytro 3.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 171
  • nytro 6.JPG
    nytro 6.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 163
  • nyto 8.JPG
    nyto 8.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 145
  • nytro 5.JPG
    nytro 5.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 148
  • nytro.JPG
    nytro.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 179

that sucks......you must feel sick.
What did Yamaha say...? ah, forget it, I'm pretty sure i already know.

season is too short to be buggering around trying to find parts or wait for BO to come in.

man I can't understand how some people are having these problems. I hit some rocks damn hard and it didn't do any damage to my sled

IMO u have a better chance of bending somthing at low speed that high. at high speed u tend to just ricoshay off. when ur goin slow u have a better chance of somthing catching. i bent more trailing arms then i can count on my old vmax between the speeds of 20-35 mph then when i hit stuff at 60.

Did the impact bring you to a complete stop? Looks like you grazed the side of a large rock and it caught on the spindle?

what happened was I saw a corner coming up and this was before I played with the suspension so that was my fault and I couldnt get it to turn so I was on the brake hard and I slid off trail and over a pile of snow and under the snow was a rock. I came to a complete stop but that because the snow pile and I had the tracked locked up. I didnt hit hard even to even put me into the handle bars thats how slow I was going. I accidentally lost grip of the handle bar and broke the hand guard brace but that was it. Like i said didnt even get a gut to the handle bars. Doesnt make sense and it sucks I am a college student that doesnt really have the money to fix it so I'm riding it the way it is. Hopefully it doesnt get worse because there is not much clearance between the a arm and chock right now.

And I just wanted to say I dont think these sleds are suppose to be tanks and if I hit hard I would own up to it. I know things can bend I am somewhat intelligent believe it or not. My only point is if I hit something that slow I dont expect my sub frame to bend. I would still be annoyed if I bent an A arm but I could at least I could accept that. I dont want to think that every time I land wrong or doing pull over on the side of a trail or something else stupid that I have to worry about a sub frame tweak. I am just saying what I believe and I know that you beat your sled to death and nothing has happened but it doesnt mean that something might be wrong with a design. Like saying a truck brand known for blowing up rear ends and just because it hasnt happened to you that there must not be a problem. That just doesnt make sense so my only point is I am showing people and Yamaha hopefully that there MIGHT be a problem and I hope they look into fixing this.

That sucks man, thank you for the pics. Please report this to your dealer ASAP so its documented, and give them a copy of the pics while you're at it. Seems to be the best way to get yamahas attention.

Do you know that subframe only costs $350?Thats really not that bad as long as you can do a little wrenching it shouldnt be a bad job to change it.Accidents happen.

cannondale27 said:
Do you know that subframe only costs $350?Thats really not that bad as long as you can do a little wrenching it shouldnt be a bad job to change it.Accidents happen.

I agree that $350 is not bad, but the problem is that Yamaha has no parts available for these new sleds. From what I have read, and experienced, every time someone orders a part its on backorder.

I'm not saying that there is or isn't a problem with the front ends, although I have no reason to doubt the claims of others. I do however have an issue with the availability of parts.

In Yamaha's defense, it is a first year sled which means they would have very little information about which parts to have available. If they don't know what parts are prone to breakage (sub frames, reverse handles etc.) then its hard to order a bunch and have them in stock.

Yes I hear you.I am waiting on some parts myself.Didnt know those were backordered.Sorry.I bet you will see aftermarket make these out of Chromemoly soon anyway.Might be worth wait if you can get by.

cannondale27 said:
Yes I hear you.I am waiting on some parts myself.Didnt know those were backordered.Sorry.I bet you will see aftermarket make these out of Chromemoly soon anyway.Might be worth wait if you can get by.

They may not be backordered, but I remember reading that a few people were off the snow for over 3 weeks waiting for parts.

I would say you are right on the chromemoly subframes, they'll definitely be an aftermarket one next year if there isn't already.

cant tell from the pictures how bad the sub frame is bent but, any chance you could take it to a body shop and have them pull it on a frame machine ... at least to make it to spring ..

I'm not surprised one bit, I just came in to the nytro talk area to see if this had happened to anyone else, my buddies girlfriend had the same thing happen, she was headed down the trail and there were two rocks staggered that you had to make an s turn through and she was going about 10mph and didn’t give herself enough room and bumped on of the rocks on the way out and left very similar marks on the spindle and forced the spindled to stand up more straight witch pushed the arms in to the shock on one side and bent the sub frame

Back