• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Beond MAX transfer rod setting.

zipclean

Expert
I unscrewed the transfer rod out past MAX and never came to the end.Therefore why can't I run it 1/4" past the MAX mark on the tool?? I would really like alot more tramsfer for traction.Haven't rode it like that yet but can't see what it would hurn anything.Going to try Sunday.Anyone else try it like that? I know a couple have taken the rod right out but this might be O.K. also?????? THANX ;)!

On my RX if I go halfway between std and max, I can't hardly keep the skiis on the ground. Can't imagine wanting to ride it with more than that. As it is, If I pull my weight back and gun it, I could stand straight up.

Only reason I mention this is maybe their is something bad in your skid.

On my Attak set right at MAX,clutch kit,skis hardly lift.maybe 4".It's know wonder they spin constanly.Going to try it tomrrow with transfer rod set 1/4-3/8" past(more) MAX. The 136 will be alot harder to pull then the Apex.Came off a Cat and from take off they transfered (144" track) so hard that your skis never touched down till 80mph.They really hook up! Thats about the only thing I'm having a hard time to get used to.That and I think I could use a heavier 12 or 13mm. torsion bar because this is the first sled in 8 or so years that I can ride up on one ski across the feild.Just like no torsion bar at all.The front doesn't seem as sure as my last Cats but that my 2 cents.
LOVE the engine,torque and ride + fit and finish!

Before you let the transfer rod out have you let the limiter strap down. This might be holding you back.

I never looked real close at the limit strap.I see 2 more sets of holes below and probably one inbetween so it is in the 4th hole I think.I'm sure thats fully extended.Anyway I rode it today with transfer rod 1/4" out past Max and quite a bit better. whenyou want the ski's to pull you can somewhat now.The front end is a little dip and divey but I think its the snow conditions in the fields.We have 6" of granullar snow with a 1 1/2" crust on top so the ski's sometimes fall through the crust and you almost roll the machine.It is really weard to handle ,it seems to want to fall over on the front corners.Very unsteady.May have to put a 13mm stab. bar in. It kinda feels like there is no stab. bar at all???

Not sure if you read it or not but someone gave a great tip on adjusting the limiter strap of few weeks ago. Lift the rear of sled up and slide something under the track near the limiter strap: stack of wood or garage dolly and then let the rear down on the dolly. This will give enough slack to adjust the strap. I got a old boat host off a trailer mounted in top of my garage to hook the sled on to lift it. I adjusted my wife's sled last weekend to releive some of the ski pressure in the front.

It sounds like you are in the 4 hole which means you have plenty of adjustment, there being 6 holes. As far as the conditions go sounds like the skis were biting under the crust ontop which could roll the sled regardless of how it is set up. I'm not so sure you want to turn that transfer rod out that far either. You might want to find out how much of that threaded rod is left inside. There is probably a reason there is a Max setting. It would probably be catastrophic if that let go at a high speed.

I cranked the transfer rod out at least an inch past where I have it set now and still had threads??? Hope its O.K.Really like the transfer better now.Some guys have said they took the transfer rod out completely and is o.k.

Back